The Lavin Agency
The Lavin Agency is the largest intellectual talent agency in the world. And probably the only one. We represent the world's leading thinkers, doers, writers, artists, and scientists. As a talent agent, you will be the agent for Pulitzer Prize winners, Guggenheim Fellows, TED Prize Winners, Nobel Laureates—people who want to make the world a smarter place. And we think that’s good. Smarter people make better decisions and make the world a better place. Maybe. That’s debatable. And real debate is good. Have you stayed up all night debating politics, music, art, or the economy? A real debate where you agree about a lot, and what you disagree about is interesting? Yes? Then maybe we’re a good fit for you.
We have 35 staff and we’re growing. We’re interesting, engaged, and curious people working globally from downtown Toronto. This job is for the engaged and engaging, the curious and the opinionated.
Oversees the planning, development and execution of the company’s marketing operations and advertising initiatives. Generates revenue by increasing sales and sales opportunities through the successful marketing of the company’s products using market research, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations. Ensures the company's message is distributed across all applicable channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet sales objectives including seeking out new ways to deliver messaging, such as mobile platforms, video and social media. Designs, builds and maintains the company’s on-line and social media presence.
1.Manages all marketing department human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, mentoring, counseling, and disciplining employees; clearly communicates job expectations; plans, monitors, appraises, and reviews job contributions of each team member; plans and reviews compensation actions; enforces policies and procedures.
2.Manages all marketing activities for the company and measures and reports on the performance of all marketing initiatives including digital marketing campaigns, and assesses performance against corporate goals and targets.
3.Brainstorms new and creative growth strategies and develops and executes the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
4.Evaluates emerging technologies and provides thought leadership and perspective for adoption of new marketing initiatives where and when appropriate. Researches, identifies, and capitalizes on market opportunities; improves product packaging; coordinates new product development.
5.Identifies trends and insights, and optimizes spend and performance based on the insights.
6.Creates and publishes a wide range of various marketing materials in line with marketing plans to improve product marketability and profitability.
7.Co-ordinates marketing campaigns with sales activities.
8.Prepares and oversees the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s marketing budget; meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; scheduling expenditures; analyzes variances; initiates corrective actions.
9.Plans, implements and executes all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, and social media promotion/advertising campaigns. Collaborates with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
10.Manages brand and corporate identity.
11.Prepares online and print marketing campaigns while identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate those audiences.
12.Monitors and reports on the effectiveness of marketing communications.
13.Collaborates with design agencies and other vendor partners to assist with marketing initiatives and new product launches.
14.Maintains effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
15.Keeps up-to-date and current on marketing, knowledge and trends. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Job Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and preferably an MBA in Business or Marketing or the equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of broad involvement and experience in various positions of increasing responsibility with a focus on marketing expansion in a marketing role or environment
- Experience planning, developing, implementing and measuring multi-channel demand generation campaigns
- Proven experience in digital marketing
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, and product and service management and current on the latest trends and best practices with respect to web analytics and online marketing and measurement
- A deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- A minimum of 3 years leadership/management experience with a proven ability to lead and inspire a team
- Creative thinker with proven ability for innovation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Above average interpersonal skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with unquestionable customer service skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong analytical and project management skills with data-driven thinking
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize the tasks at hand based on value to the company, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Software skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong Internet research skills
- Familiarity with database management preferred
- Ability to mentor, coach, develop and train others
- Passionate customer advocate