Are you the right fit?
We’re looking for an experienced, well-versed marketer to provide direction and execution within our marketing team. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Director of Marketing will be responsible for supporting and enforcing the goals and activities of the Marketing department both within the team and cross-functionally. The Director will develop and manage successful execution of global marketing and communications strategies to support department goals for acquisition and retention.
As the primary owner of the marketing plan, you will lead activities including demand generation, content marketing and sales enablement tools.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in all marketing channels with strengths in building innovative, integrated campaigns, lead nurturing, traditional and digital marketing and a deep understanding of how to use data to acquire and engage SMBs, working with marketing automation platforms and analytics. You will be receptive to growth and change whilst demonstrating expertise, professionalism and passion for marketing within a dynamic start-up culture.
- Contribute to overall strategic direction of the department including setting annual objectives, budgeting and marketing planning
- Support the VP Marketing to grow and manage the daily activities of the marketing team and related vendors (agencies, printers, data houses etc)
- Conceptualize, direct and execute integrated strategic marketing plans for acquisition and growth campaigns, engagement and retention programs, product launches, digital marketing, distributor/partnership marketing, brand and customer communications
- Create and develop innovative multi-channel lead generation activities (SEO, SEM, Social, Direct Mail, Print Ads, etc.), conversion and nurture programs and marketing campaigns that provide measurable improvement for top-line growth and deliver a solid pipeline.
- Develop market and customer insights to inform our customer experience strategies and product planning.
- Drive market research and define the ideal target customers across multiple sales verticals in support of corporate revenue and growth objectives.
- Actively solicit input from key internal stakeholders regarding new demand generation and campaign plan requirements. Partner with internal teams to create compelling content and offerings mapped to customer profiles.
- Ensure Sales has all required tools to drive pipeline to close. Build point-of-sale support materials and resource centre for our merchant partners.
- Develop, manage, track and report metrics and success criteria for marketing programs and activities. Improve upon existing reporting systems and structures.
- Manage day-to-day balance of company marketing budget.
- Act as a brand steward, ensuring all messaging conforms to branding guidelines. Work with creative services to update and preserve materials to reflect messaging and positioning.
- Act as interim department lead during VP’s absence and provide support/direction to other members of the team
- 10+ years of extensive marketing experience.
- Bachelor degree/Masters in Marketing or related education.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a senior management position on a marketing team with experience leading and coaching direct reports.
- Breadth of knowledge and experience in a wide range of marketing channels from traditional to digital and emerging in B2B/B2B2C.
- Exceptional writing and editing, communication and presentation skills.
- Deep experience in customer segmentation and verticalization, as well as a working knowledge of demographic and psychographic profiling and related content generation.
- Strong understanding of marketing processes and workflows for best-in-class practices.
- Solid understanding of key systems and tools used in marketing, e.g. email marketing programs, CRM (Salesforce, Pardot), SEM, social media.
- Experience designing marketing programs and experiences for a retail environment.
- Diplomatic and tactful approach when building and nurturing internal and external relationships.
- A strong team player with a positive, high-energy attitude. You love marketing, you love helping businesses grow and you love working with great people to achieve common goals.
- Enjoy a balance of strategic work with hands-on-implementation, rolling up your sleeves is a must.
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial services and payments industries (not required but a plus).
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- Performance based bonus plan
- Staff Stock Option Plan
- Group Benefits Plan
- Subsidized gym and fitness program