Hard to imagine anyone qualified for this job…. but read on if you dare….
Gusto Worldwide Media (Gusto) is a vertically integrated producer, distributor and broadcaster of food and lifestyle programming, with channels launched on over a dozen platforms in the US, Asia and Latin America.
Gusto is looking for a Director of Marketing accustomed to an entrepreneurial environment, with experience in; building overall marketing and sales plans, an ability to execute them tactically across multiple international markets and across multiple channels (B2B, MR/PR, D2C), and drive internal and external corporate communications.
No other job you’ve had is quite like this! Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, in close consultation with the President & CEO, the Director will need to be “hands on” with a small team. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and improve our brand positioning across varied platforms.
- Lead the initiative to re-launch our consumer-facing website and our overall social media presence, with a view to monetizing content across various channels.
- Working with our distribution clients to further develop improvements to our consumer marketing initiatives to provide a seamless branded experience.
- Oversee all marketing content creation, including advertising, media and digital campaigns.
- Drive corporate communications (internal and external), including drafting releases, negotiate with partners (events and trade shows) and seek/evaluate sponsorship opportunities.
- Participate in new business development strategies to cultivate new client opportunities
- Stay current on industry trends, and their impact on clients, potential clients and the firm.
….and then on Tuesday….
The successful candidate will have 8 - 10 years of management experience preferably with a background in media/marketing, current with tech trends, and with a demonstrable ability to play a part in, and manage, a driven team.
The position is based at our state-of-the-art production / distribution HQ in Ottawa, ON.