The Company : cleo is a leading specialty retailer in Canada, meeting fashion needs, by offering styles that are flattering with a dress up/dress down versatility, that gives her the value & quality she can trust. Cleo’s proprietary branded merchandise is sold through our Canadian retail store network of 90+ stores and online at cleo.ca. At cleo, we value commitment, professionalism, collaboration, team work, creativity and passion. We are focused on customer needs and delivering a fun, friendly shopping experience across all channels.
The Position: We are looking for a strategic marketer with experience in consumer marketing, brand management & visual merchandising to lead our marketing efforts across all channels. Through a deep understanding of the cleo customer, the Director of Marketing & Visual is responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans and initiatives that support business objectives, brand growth and customer loyalty. The mandate includes delivering/coordinating compelling on-brand communications across all customer touch points: stores, website, email, CRM, social media, and more. As a key member of the senior management team, the Director of Marketing & Visual contributes to the achievement of overall company objectives, while leading and developing the marketing team.
Marketing/Visual & Brand Management
- Lead marketing and drive creative strategy and plans to deliver compelling, on-brand marketing campaigns across all channels and touch points.
- Develop and oversee annual and seasonal marketing & visual plans including objectives, key message focus, creative brief, marketing mix, program development, and budget allocation.
- Build brand awareness, customer acquisition and engagement/loyalty through traditional and digital marketing – specifically with a focus on stores, website/mobile, email marketing,CRM, SEM, and social media efforts.
Cross functional collaboration
- Collaborate and work with Key departments to develop marketing ideas Encourage and actively identify opportunities, incorporating them into marketing plans and execution.
- Steward brand positioning with a focus on strengthening and communicating brand points of difference.
- Promote growth and learning of the individuals in marketing and the team as a whole – through leadership, team development, advocacy, feedback and coaching.
- Author and gatekeeper of the marketing calendar for all channels – which dovetails with the product development process and integrates with the divisional retail and promotional calendars.
- 5+ years consumer marketing experience – ideally in apparel/fashion/retail.
- Post secondary education in marketing, business or a related field.
- Experience in both traditional marketing – e.g. Print, CRM, direct mail, PR, promotions; as well as digital marketing – e.g. email, web content, social, SEM.
- Solid track record of developing and implementing successful marketing plans and initiatives in a multi-channel environment.
- Strong communicator – verbal and written communication skills
- Successful leader. Positive and inspiring with a proven track record of achieving results through effective teamwork.
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross functionally to achieve results –ideally including Buying, Planning, Operations, Ecommerce and Finance departments.