Who we are
The vision of a planet powered by reliable, clean energy isn’t what keeps us up at night; it’s what gets us out of bed. At Opus One, we develop software solutions that change how electrical energy is used and delivered in an evolving modern grid. From microgrids that keep things running in the event of an outage to enabling new infrastructure to support electric vehicles and, using Tesla's latest battery technologies to help accelerate the integration of renewable energy, we are at the forefront of this evolution. We are helping electric utilities to optimize their operations, reduce costs and lower the grid’s carbon footprint by facilitating higher levels of renewable generation such as solar and wind, towards 100% clean energy.
We believe that some of the best talent in the tech and energy sectors share our passion for delivering technology that matters, and that will make a difference in our lifetime and beyond. We want to work with people who believe in the` potential to transform the world into a better place.
Good people know that great ideas are everywhere and what matters most is practical execution. Turning vision into reality is the hard part. But, shaping the future of the electricity grid is something worth contributing to.
Buoyed by our success working with the largest utility providers in North America, Opus One is expanding our reach. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, Keyvan Cohanim, we need a Director of Marketing and Communications to join us and raise awareness of our unique and innovative solution. Someone to convey the importance of what we do - and how we do it - through the design, development and execution of a marketing and communications strategy. We are looking for a Director,of Marketing and Communications with foresight and instinct to effectively position our software solutions to both technical and non-technical industry leaders, influencers and decision makers.
Who you are
You are a Director of Marketing and Communications with at least five years experience launching enterprise software and/or SAAS products. You have broad and deep marketing experience gained through over ten years working in enterprise and small-to-mid-sized firms. You want to take all of your experience, skills and knowledge and apply it to a cause that is making the world a better place. You want the freedom to define your role and that of your team. You want to make a difference.
What’s in it for you
A chance to be a pioneer. As the first Director of Marketing and Communications you will be given the freedom to tell us what needs to get done and the resources you need to accomplish those objectives. You will define and lead the objectives of the team and have the bandwidth to build and execute on your vision and strategy.
Opportunity. We want someone to help us raise awareness of who we are, what we do and why our solution is the right choice. You will be faced with the challenges and the rewards of increasing our visibility. You will be a key player with a measurable impact as we position ourselves to help electric utilities in North America right now and the global market in the future.
Personal and professional satisfaction. You want to do meaningful work. You want to play a significant role creating access to innovative technology solutions that matter. There is a shift in the energy industry, from slow-moving to incredibly fast-paced. Every day there is a new innovation and increased interest in using technology to solve problems. Joining us now is an opportunity to be at the forefront of this evolution.
As our new Director of Marketing and Communications you will focus on:
- New markets strategy. You will work side-by-side with Keyvan to efficiently and economically market our solutions and drive lead generation towards successful closure with potential customers.
- Drive the team. You will introduce ideas, processes and best practices. You will add value to the group and refine the strategic deployment of people and resources to drive revenue return.
- Event strategy. You will collaborate with the team to build out objectives for our presence at industry events. You will create metrics and a process to determine how we participate, how we secure speaking engagements and the nature of the branding we display across our collateral. You will ensure that we develop a consistent, engaging and exciting social media, website and print media strategy to support our event presence.
- Thought leadership. You will create a strategy that positions Opus One as a thought leader in the evolution of the modern grid. A position that directly results in increased business. You will determine how we drive engagement and gain recognition, in the industry and in the eyes of clients, for the value and innovation we provide.
- Market awareness. You will perform segment analytics to develop short and long-range strategies for increased market share, penetration, and expansion. You will track and analyze the competitive market and develop strategies to address threats and channel partner opportunities.
- General marketing activities. You will oversee contracts for - and work with - marketing and communications service providers. You will provide support to sales forecasting and product planning.
Here’s what you bring:
- The expertise. A compelling and verifiable track record of success as a product marketing professional and consistent delivery of quality output in a fast changing and dynamic environment. A minimum of 10 years of experience, at least 5 of which have been in Product Marketing at a management level.
- The knowledge. A combination of strong business acumen and technical knowledge in software and energy.
- The hands-on experience. Creation and delivery of product marketing materials, including data sheets, case studies, customer presentations, competitive analysis, proposal responses and other collateral.
- The relationship-building skills. Demonstrated ability to form key relationships with various stakeholders including customers, industry influencers, analysts, etc.
- The collaborative approach. Ability to multitask and work closely and in partnership within and across teams.
- The keys to success. Independence, vision and communication.
- The bonus attributes. Experience in the energy sector and working in a fast-paced, growing technology environment. A technical degree.
Why Opus One Solutions:
Opus One is growing. Founded in 2012, we spent the initial four years focused on research and development creating our solution platform GridOS® (Grid Operating System) and validating our solutions with customer pilot projects. Over the last couple of years, we have been expanding our focus across Canada and the USA, receiving customer and industry endorsement. Our solution has been successfully deployed by more than ten utility partners in Canada and the U.S. Opus One Solutions has also been recognized with Fast Company’s 2017 World Changing Idea in Energy, by IHS Markit at the 38th annual CERA Week Energy Innovation Pioneer, Insights Success' Top 10 Fastest Growing Utilities and Energy Solutions Provider Companies, Greentech Media’s Grid Edge 2016 Award, CIO Energy Insights’ Top 10 Best Smart Grid Solution Providers and the Canadian Innovation Exchange’s Top 10 Cleantech Ventures. We also have numerous industry partnerships including leading energy players such as Tesla and Advanced Microgrid Solutions.
Collectively we are fanatical about the work we do. Our team consists of visionaries - and executors - in software technology, engineering and the clean energy space. From the newest team member to the company founders, we are all driven by one common goal: to accelerate the integration of clean and sustainable energy in North America and the world.
As a team, and a company, we are committed to working with like-minded people, self-starters with new ideas to contribute to our innovation and evolution as a company. If Opus One Solutions aligns with what you care about, we’d love to start a conversation and learn more about you.
Opus One Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.