Director of Marketing Analytics - Guest Insights
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
The ideal candidate combines outstanding business acumen and communication skills with leading quantitative skills, with particular experience in designing analysis and modeling methodologies across a range of marketing channels, as well as experience in both offline and digital campaigns. You will lead a team that uses rich data, smart analytics applications, and strategic data insights that drive how we market to new and exisiting guests.
Day to day you will develop and manage multiple marketing analytics projects, which include CLV, marketing/media mix modeling, predictive analytics, digital attribution modeling and market and campaign forecasting.
You’ll produce practical marketing analytics, generating insights that help the brand, retail and digital marketing teams make smarter marketing decisions.
Measurement of marketing impact and efficiency, return on investment (ROI), brand equity, profit, and acquisition/retention will be a critical part of the role.
Lead the delivery of marketing insights, trends/forecasts and process and outcome metrics
Lead your teams prioritization of projects so that they uncover opportunities for step changes in growth by analyzing our current customers, non-purchasers, and those who have yet to hear about our brand.
Manage a team that analyzes and articulates the relationships between value (revenue, cost), digital engagement (web metrics, mobile, app engagement), customer/consumer segments, offline and online engagement.
Provide actionable insights and recommendations to the business based on consumer on-site and in-store actions, product and content performance and campaign responsiveness.
• Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis in Marketing, Economics, Finance and or Computer Science preferred. MBA would be a strong asset.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of progressive experience in Analytics within a retail and digital environment. Exposure to industry leading eCommerce and CRM tools is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in two or more of these is required:
- Visualization/Data Discovery (Tableau, Qlik)
- Advertising /Social Metrics (Google Analytics, Social platforms)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Conversion optimization (Test & Target, Optimizely)
- Web metrics (Omniture/ Adobe Analytics)
- Mobile Marketing Platforms (MMPs) (Apps Flyer, Swerve)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment where a high degree of cross department and channel collaboration is strongly needed.
- Demonstrably strong communication skills: truly knows what it means to assemble a story from data and can easily explain how and demonstrate it.
- Understanding of the full range of marketing channels, how they work, how they can be integrated, how to evaluate them.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, interpret data, and process observations into actionable recommendations is required.
- Fluency in web analytics and deep technical understanding of how data is created from first party and third party sources.
- Excellent critical thinker with strong quantitative skills
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.