Blue Ant Media is a privately held integrated Canadian media company that creates and distributes great content in lifestyle, travel, documentary, music and entertainment categories. The company owns specialty channels Travel + Escape, Cottage Life Television, Bite TV and AUX TV along with four premium commercial-free high definition channels Oasis HD, HIFI HD, eqhd and radX and their companion websites.
Reporting to the EVP, Marketing and Communications, the Director of Digital Marketing is responsible to lead the team building visibility and consumption of the rapidly growing digital assets in Blue Ant’s portfolio of lifestyle, music, documentary, and comedy brands.
As a key senior member of the Marketing group, this role will play a critical part in furthering the company’s current momentum and helping to achieve our long term objectives. The ideal candidate is collaborative, innovative and a proven expert in marketing content on digital platforms. They’re pros at using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc for content discovery as well as tools like StumbleUpon and Outbrain. They love social media and regularly engage in it personally.
- Build and get senior team alignment on a digital marketing plan (including mobile) crossing all core properties
- Develop a social media strategy for the key media brands as well as corporate and ensure strategic execution across the business
- Implement regular reporting of key analytics (both for our owned sites/apps as well as social platforms)
- Oversee paid media campaigns to drive growth of priority brands
- Expand direct marketing channels through e-newsletters, social media community building, and other recommended mediums
- Increase sampling of e-magazines through new distribution channels
- Drive trial of our expanding network of YouTube channels
- Manage and coach a team of passionate, dedicated digital marketers
- Oversee ongoing cross platform coordination and communication to ensure we deliver a consistent brand voice and leverage all promotional opportunities
- 8-10 years digital marketing experience, preferably in a digital native business
- A post secondary degree/diploma in marketing or media
- Previous experience managing at least two direct reports
- An extensive history designing breakthrough digital/mobile campaigns (both paid and organic) with clear ROI
- Proven experience developing innovative social media campaigns and extensive knowledge of all major social platforms
- Knowledgeable and adept at reviewing and interpreting digital analytics from various sources
- Experience working with creative and media buying teams (internally and externally)
- A keen follower of the latest trends, proactive in learning about developments and cutting edge work in the industry (both domestic and internationally)
- A track record and proven strength with successfully managing a budget
- An innovative thinker who’s never afraid to experiment
- A collaborative, team player with great interpersonal skills
- An ability to effectively multitask in a fast moving environment