Director, Marketing Services, 14 month contract
The Director, Marketing Services leads our extensive marketing services team (flyer production, design, store signage, health marketing and retail marketing support) which is accountable for providing support in the development, integration and execution of all national, control brand and divisional marketing programs, delivering world-class retail marketing solutions that are efficient and effective.
- Leads the Marketing Services team which acts as a series of in-house agencies supporting both the central and divisional marketing teams with specialized services such as creative design, signage, flyer creation and project management.
- Partners closely with Divisional Marketing and Merchandising in the development and execution of marketing strategies to support sales growth in key product categories and to ensure delivery of key company objectives.
- Owns and maintains key supplier relationships with external agency and print partners, recommending process improvements and further cost-efficiencies as the business requires.
- Manages and monitors overall marketing services related budgets, ensuring appropriate allocation across banners and maximizing efficiency.
- Manages, motivates and develops direct reports, which includes on-the-job training needs, providing timely feedback and succession planning.
- Leads the Health marketing initiatives in support of our Pharmacy, Medical Clinic and Optical businesses.
- Ensures effective communication and understanding of brand objectives, initiatives, and vision across the organization, to ensure seamless transition of execution and implementation.
- Responsible for developing, communicating and protecting our retail brand guidelines, as well as providing ongoing art direction and ‘shop-floor easy’ solutions for creative elements such as flyers, POS and OOH.
- Works closely with IT to investigate new technologies, process and applications to enhance the marketing business as required.
- Maintains awareness of industry and competitors’ trends, applying knowledge to develop new components, be innovative in marketing practices, and improve team processes.
- Lead special projects as required.
Role Requirements and Core Competencies:
- University/college degree in business, marketing or an equivalent degree in a related field of study.
- 10 years or more of relevant work experience in retailing, advertising or marketing environment with 5 or more years of experience leading a large team.
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving skills and negotiating skills.
- Ability to be innovative and creative.
- Proven track record of successful project management.
- Excellent customer service and people management skills.
Key Measures (Performance Indicators):
- Delivers quality work on large/complex projects and ensures timely execution.
- Accountable for working cost-effectively within budget requirements
- Growth in brand health (supporting control brands and retail brands)
- Ability to take and manage risk