Are you a creative leader who thrives on developing partnerships and driving business? Are you driven by the economic growth of Ontario and its brand? If so, consider the role of Director, Marketing and Creative Services with Invest Ontario.
The Ministry of Economic Development and Growth and the Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science are looking for an executive who, through the use of strategic marketing, will consistently and convincingly make a case for investing and growing business in Ontario. The Ontario brand needs to be clear and compelling to potential investors across the globe and the Director of Marketing and Creative Services will lead efforts to build and disseminate that brand.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Vice President in the Investment Growth Division, in this impactful role, you will:
- Strategically direct the development and delivery of creative marketing campaigns, products and programs utilizing multiple technology platforms
- Lead the development of an original and effective brand for Ontario by providing strategic direction to the following functions: market research, digital, brand and international marketing
- Make horizontal linkages about brand development/positioning with ministry program areas, to ensure alignment across all marketing media
- Lead collaborations with advertising and marketing agency partners to support evidence-based recommendations
- Integrate marketing and business development practices to promote the province’s business services, and attract the attention of both domestic and global business investors
- Contribute to the strategic planning process, issues management and capacity building for the team
Location: 2 Queen Street East, Toronto
How do I qualify?
- You have demonstrated executive leadership experience building teams and mentoring staff to deliver results in a high velocity environment
- You have demonstrated that you can plan strategically within the context of the big picture and use your creativity to champion new ideas to transform the way business is conducted
- You have experience motivating staff and establishing working environments that foster openness, inclusiveness and a team approach
- You can inspire staff and partners to challenge the status quo and pursue innovative ideas to achieve measurable outcomes
- You are a team player who enjoys working with other executives to set organizational direction, resolve issues and promote change to effectively achieve business plan targets
Strategic Planning and Creative Marketing Skills
- You have led the development and delivery of strategies, as well as implementation plans, for major marketing campaigns, products, programs and/or other creative executions
- You have executive leadership experience with brand development and digital media in a large, complex organization
- You have knowledge of marketing practices, methods and techniques, including emerging trends in digital and social marketing
- You have knowledge of brand strategies and performance measures
Stakeholder Management and Business Development
- You have proven ability to develop and manage relationships with both domestic and international partners
- You have demonstrated experience leading briefings and providing advice to senior officials and can successfully and professionally represent the organization at stakeholder, agency and business investment industry meetings
- You possess the political acuity necessary to facilitate smooth negotiation processes and achieve consensus among internal and external stakeholders and partners
- You have a proven track record as a people leader and have skills to deal with human resources matters
- You have financial management skills and can manage a multimillion-dollar budget
- You have experience procuring, overseeing, and managing contractual relationships with external delivery organizations
Salary range: $117,790 - $160,250 per year
Duration: 1 Permanent