Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Director, Marketing Communications
This position is responsible for creating and implementing strategies and plans that drive Marketing Communications to support the unique needs of our Digital Marketing, Sports Sponsorship and Consumer Electronics, Digital Appliances, and IT divisions. The position will lead Marcom strategic plan development and partner with Marcom leads for each division to implement those plans while fostering alignment, collaboration; leveraging synergies and enhancing best practices.
This role will manage marketing communication with agency of record partners in alignment with Samsung policies, goals and objectives. The leader will foster and leverage internal relationships with NAHQ Marketing Communications and HQ Marketing Communications.
This position will be responsible for the direction, coaching, development and performance management of the Marketing Communication teams.
The role and candidate provides critical succession for Chief Marketing Officer.
- Develop and implement Digital, Sports Sponsorship & Division Marketing Communication strategies and plans aligned to the Samsung Brand Marketing strategy. All strategies and plans are formed based on data, analytics and insights. Successful candidate must have a demonstrated track to contribute to building a creative and innovative team environment, directly contributing to vibrant ideas that stimulate growth and create new markets.
- Work within Marketing Communications teams, across Corporate Marketing, Channel and Product Management to develop and deliver differentiated and integrated/holistic plans that draw on all Samsung assets.
- Develop, maintain and monitor all marketing communication execution plans with Marketing, Divisions and support leadership. Plans are developed at a Yearly, Quarterly and Monthly view.
- Manage and lead agency interactions for initiatives and contribute to agency reviews with divisions and quarterly top to top full business reviews and future plans for marketing communications.
- In collaboration with broader CMO direct report team, support & directly contribute to 3rd party vendor management for marketing communications vendors, including participating in RFP processes and service level fulfillment reviews to ensure compliance to Samsung policies while sustaining highest levels of support and efficiency for Samsung.
- Champion continuous process improvement and utilize analytics, data and insights with the Marcom team to drive creativity and business based decisions across Marketing Communications.
- In partnership with Marketing Finance direct report, oversee and manage Division Marketing Communications budgets with an emphasis on establishing and following clear financial processes as prescribed by Finance and Audit teams.
- Lead weekly team meetings to ensure execution of team projects and cross function communication/sharing including CMO KPI tracking, Project updates, Budget status and Strategy updates for Canada, NA/U.S. & HQ dissemination.
- Actively participate in monthly forward planning/consensus sessions with CMO and Division Leaders.
- Manage working relationships with Samsung HQ (GMC) and U.S. Marketing Communication teams ensuring Samsung Canada is well represented and complaint with HQ policies and Best Practices (mNet).
- Manage and lead coaching, performance management, development planning, team development, recognition and succession planning for direct reports and oversee these processes for indirect marketing communication employees.
- Creates a high performing team environment that fosters personal growth, team collaboration, two way communications, planning and flawless execution within Marketing Communications, across other marketing teams, product marketing teams and Divisional leadership.
- Successfully complete in a timely manner at any certifications as required by HQ.
MBA or Bachelor’s degree with a Marketing focus or equivalent in training and experience preferred
Marketing models, marketing communications strategy development and executional planning, communications frameworks/mediums, Marketing data analytics & research methodologies.
Min. 10 years progressive brand marketing communications experience with proven track record and 5+ years people leadership experience preferred
Experienced leader who can manage differentiated marketing communications teams across product portfolios, as well as working with teams in Corporate Marketing and Communications, Digital/Social capability, Product Marketing and Sales collaboration.
Position requires Strong Strategic thinking skills
Solid understanding of Marketing Analytics with experience at understanding approaches to gathering market data and interpreting results to develop insights.
Proven track record of successful Marketing Communication campaigns.
Strong hands on experience at managing and monitoring agency partners.
Proven digital, on line and social media experience to enhance marketing communication.
Able to apply and enhance marketing communications performance through the use of evaluative tools, planning processes that foster collaboration and best practice sharing across product portfolios.
Excellent interpersonal skills to manage internal and external audiences. Candidate must excel at complex project management & matrix team leadership. Resilience and Solutions Focus are prerequisite.
Strong ability to work with multiple stakeholders and able to manage multiple time sensitive complex priorities.
Outstanding communication skills with a track record of partnering with sales leaders to enable customer focused outcomes. Customer facing Marketing/Sales experience is considered an asset.
Experience at managing RFP processes, negotiating with 3rd party vendors, process improvement mindset with formal review processes to drive continuous improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of programs.
Excellent verbal, written communication skills with a flair for developing outstanding marketing presentations and plans.
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.