Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is a leading multinational financial services provider and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming our first customers in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 1832, Scotiabank has continued to expand its global reach. Today, through our team of more than 86,000 employees, Scotiabank and its affiliates offer a broad range of products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking to over 21 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Responsible for developing and executing the strategic business direction of Real Estate Secured Lending products, programs and campaigns to achieve business line objectives, market share, and ROEE targets. He/she directs innovative product/program concept, design, development, and implementation as well as ongoing product/program maintenance across all sales channels including non-face-to-face, ensuring competitive positioning, maximized profitability, customer value and satisfaction. Strategic and tactical initiatives are focused on new business growth/retention opportunities, new/enhanced products /programs and identification and development of new strategic alliances/relationships/ partnerships/loyalty programs.
Accountabilities include originating marketing and communication strategies to achieve Real Estate Secured Lending revenue, profitability, customer acquisition, line/STEP limit utilization, and retention goals. The Director directs and oversees the development and execution of mass and market leading targeted marketing campaigns across a range of delivery channels and media.
The Director leads a team of product/program development and marketing specialists and directs the management of multi-business line, multi-functional project teams. He/she maintains a high profile with internal and external partners. He/she ensures the provision of excellent Real Estate Secured Lending product and program expertise and support to delivery channels, mass and targeted marketing campaigns, centralized support units and E.O. functions to attain the Bank's Real Estate Secured Lending objectives and support delivery of Real Estate Secured Lending products and programs.
- Devise and direct the development of an integrated Real Estate Secured Lending product and program strategy across all delivery channels, in a rapidly changing environment with up to a 5 year time horizon by:
- Directing a high quality market intelligence program; effectively utilizing competitive intelligence and market research tools to identify strategically important business trends and create sustainable competitive advantage
- Defining objectives, evaluating alternatives, anticipating customer and competitor impacts over a 1 to 5 year horizon, linking short term plans to long term goals
- Identifying, conceptualizing and evaluating potential new market and business growth opportunities, products/programs, and enhancements, determining the extent and nature of demand
- Identifying, recommending, and negotiating with strategic partners, third party suppliers to improve product/ program functionality or profitability
- Directing the development of strategic proposals and business cases outlining product and program concepts and business and financial rationale; securing Executive approval including budget and resourcing
- Direct the creation, execution and maintenance of new/enhanced products and programs as well as related policies, procedures and marketing support for delivery across all sales channels including non face-to-face, to maximize new business acquisition and retention of existing business by:
- Driving the development and implementation of new/enhanced product and program strategies and associated policies and procedures ensuring competitive, comprehensive offers; balancing competitive lending practices against risk of loss, and competitive product/program pricing against financial targets
- Developing strategic alliances and programs with third parties including mortgage default insurers, etc.
- Assessing performance of existing Real Estate Secured Lending products and programs to ensure performance meets expectations re: sales, profitability, market share, growth, retention; seeking/assessing feedback from all delivery channels and other partners
- Ensuring product and program development initiatives contribute to meeting increased market share goals, RROE objectives and increased customer satisfaction levels, taking corrective action to enhance products/programs if required
- Negotiating/obtaining agreement on product/program strategies and initiatives from key stakeholders; where required, lobbying with internal and external stakeholders to obtain their buy-in and resources to proceed with the project
- Ensuring that multi-stakeholder project teams achieve/surpass goals and objectives, on time and on budget
- Resolving escalated issues impeding delivery including guiding the project team to alternatives, negotiating conflicting goals ensuring a common purpose across competing interests
- Ensuring operational policies, procedures, and systems requirement documents are in place to support the new products/programs
- Ensuring up-to-date information is provided to Sales Officers, Support Units and customers through circulars, sales aids, manuals, brochures and other marketing material, and informational/training sessions
- Devise and direct the development and execution of mass and targeted marketing campaigns and communication strategies across a range of delivery channels and media to maximize customer acquisition, retention, line/STEP limit utilization, and cross sell by:
- Defining, identifying, conceptualizing and evaluating potential new mass and/or targeted marketing opportunities effectively leveraging strategic initiatives and partnerships
- Identifying, recommending and negotiating with strategic partners and outside consultants to improve campaign targeting, customer segmentation and profitability
- Driving the development of a non face-to-face delivery strategy to support targeted retention and other campaigns to supplement/increase branch capacity and reduce operational costs
- Directing the development and execution of business-to-business loyalty program including communication plan and activation strategies to drive referral business to Home Financing Advisors
- Directing the development of strategic proposals and business cases outlining campaign concepts, delivery strategies and business and financial rationale; securing Executive approval including budgeting and resourcing.
- Direct the creation, execution and maintenance of mass and targeted marketing campaigns as well as related data, technology, reporting, and marketing support for execution across a variety of delivery channels and media, to maximize new customer acquisition, retention and utilization by:
- Driving the development and implementation of new/enhanced mass and targeted marketing campaigns and execution strategies ensuring competitive, comprehensive offers and balancing them against financial targets.
- Determining campaign delivery channel ensuring appropriate fit with customer, channel and bank needs and objectives
- Assessing campaign performance to ensure that it meets targets and expectations re sales, retention, utilization, profitability, market share, growth; seeking feedback from all delivery channels and other partners
- Ensuring that campaigns contribute to meeting increased revenue, profitability, customer acquisition, line/STEP limit utilization, and retention goals, taking corrective action to enhance campaigns if required
- Negotiating/obtaining agreement on campaign strategies, delivery channel, and tactics from key stakeholders, where required; ensuring that multi-stakeholder project teams achieve/surpass goals and objectives
- Maintain a high market profile with external and internal contacts by:
- Establishing contact with market leaders and developing and managing strategic alliances and programs
- Representing the Bank at various industry and association functions
- Communicating the Department’s policy and strategic objectives across all channels and providing direction or authorization on escalated issues
- Ensuring the provision of ongoing Real Estate Secured Lending support to internal and external partners on all issues regarding product/program/service/campaigns and effectively resolve problems/complaints
- Ensuring the delivery of a high standard of service and fostering overall customer satisfaction consistent with ScotiaService Standards and Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures
6. Provide strong leadership to direct reports to motivate both individual and team performance. Recruit high potential candidates and develop staff by coaching and sharing knowledge/experience, and provide opportunities for staff to share responsibility for achieving business objectives/goals. Assess strengths and development needs of subordinates, establishing performance objectives and measures and providing timely and specific feedback. Recognize performance and manage non-performance.
- Complete, expert understanding of the Real Estate Secured Lending business including: Bank and competitor (domestic and international) real estate secured lending products/programs/services/marketing activities; target markets; industry players; housing market dynamics; overall economic, market, social, technological and consumer trends that influence the product; legislative influences; regional market differences
- Excellent understanding of the Bank’s overall strategic direction and a vision of the future Real Estate Secured Lending business development direction
- Solid understanding of industries ancillary to the Real Estate Secured Lending market (e.g. housing construction, securitization, realtor, mortgage product and service providers) in order to assess and recommend regarding market trends and product/program development
- Excellent understanding of niche markets including non-traditional mortgage markets
- Excellent understanding of all sales channels (branch, HFA, broker, call center, internet, social media) including structure, processes, sales requirements, challenges, environment, and practices
- Excellent understanding of the Bank’s mortgage/STEP/ScotiaLine operational processes, policies and practices across all delivery channels as well as relevant systems from a user perspective
- Good knowledge from a business requirements perspective of the requirements and processes for maintaining the Bank’s public website, intralink, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of the Bank’s formal and informal organizational structure
- Excellent knowledge of project management methodologies, techniques; able to drive projects through to successful completion
- Excellent business case analysis and planning skills to develop, package and gain approval for sound product, program, and campaign concepts
- Expert knowledge of product management process and concepts including product development, pricing, promotion; marketing theory and practices; advertising processes; market research concepts
- Expert knowledge of the range of financial services offered by the Bank (to focus on the total customer relationship)
- Ability to lead a large a group with diverse mandates
- 7 to 10 years management experience
- MBA preferred
This role develops, leads, and measures success on marketing programs for the large asset business in the Bank. Leveraging our central Canadian Retail Marketing team, and Customer Knowledge and Insights, they look for opportunities in the market for new programs, mass marketing messages, and direct marketing campaigns. The role also is the primary relationship manager for a number of external marketing partners.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.