Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a leading global provider of in vitro diagnostics. We have an established track record for providing high-quality products and services to the global clinical laboratory and immunohematology communities. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics has approximately 3,800 employees, serving customers in more than 120 countries.
We are recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help us grow our leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people. People who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
Our purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. We do that by reimagining what’s possible. It’s what defines us. It’s the Ortho difference.
The Career Potential:
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
As the company transitions, we are seeking a Director of Marketing and Commercial Excellence - Canada to lead critical processes related to business planning, marketing plans, business development, market research, new product launches and multi-channel marketing.
Location: the position is office based, in Markham, Ontario.
5 Direct Reports:
- Leads and Directs team consisting of two Marketing Managers and Business Analysts
- Drives and champions all aspects of managed product lines
- Makes recommendations for the development of company regional marketing strategy.
- Develops and executes the tactical annual marketing plan using the guidance of the strategic plan.
- Actively participates in the implementation plans, being accountable to grow the business above market average.
- Quantifies and ensures the quality, timeliness, and cost-effective manner in which all marketing programs are implemented.
- Drives and implements pricing strategy for Canada
- Participates in the design of sales incentive scheme to ensure alignment to the established marketing strategy.
- Develops sales force tools and programs to drive key marketing initiatives which may include key messaging and branding, pricing models, testimonials, proven outcomes and other tools.
- Responsible for all A&P expenditures. (conferences, VIP visits and sponsorships)
- Works to identify new markets and growth opportunities beyond traditional markets
- Identifies and engages current and future Key Opinion Leaders to include in R&D and new product development opportunities
- Creates and directs annual communications, research, and public relations plans to support the strategic marketing plan.
- Develops and ensures adherence to the annual budget (Sales and Profit).
- Develops and maintains business relationships with key opinion leaders in the market and monitors industry developments and follows market changes via market research, sales calls and analysis of competitive information.
- Utilizes 3rd party market data analysis to drive business objectives
- Lead presence and responsible for tradeshows, congresses and customer events
- Maximizes market share through effective us of 3rd party sales channels
- Collaborates effectively with sales managers and sales team and support groups on a consistent basis.
- Lead the creation and implementation of CRM strategy (leveraging Salesforce CRM Tool)
- Responsible for the generation sales reports and business analytic tools
- Responsible for bonus payout calculations
- BS/BA degree, MBA preferred
- Experience in the IVDx industry with a proven success cycle
- Proven track record in building collaboration, communication and teamwork across the local and global organization
- Extensive experience (> 10 yrs) in the medical Diagnostics industry
- Extensive marketing experience (> 5yrs) in the diagnostics industry is a definite asset
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of business and strategic marketing
- History and experience developing and implementing successful Go-To-Market models
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills. This team player must be flexible, enthusiastic and possess an energetic personality. The ability to balance a process-driven approach while generating innovative ideas is imperative
- Financial Acumen and understanding of finance concepts
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, presentation skills and negotiating skills
- Strong background in a customer focused environment.
- Strong analytical skills to deal with complex business issues
- Effective time management and conflict resolution skills since the job requirements encompass interaction with a large number of inside and outside customers
- Highly competent in computer applications
- English (oral and written) is required; French would be an asset
- Travel up 30% is required.
At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.