Title: Director, Marketing & Brand Management
Union/Affiliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
Pay Range: $81,040 To $96,772 Annually
Position Grade: 12
Biweekly Hours: 72
Closing Date: February 22, 2019
The Director, Marketing & Brand Management works with the senior Communications and Marketing team to clearly identify the SFU brand narrative, ensure organizational priorities are achieved, and to distinguish SFU from its peers by defining its value proposition. The position manages production, design and photography staff and leads the university-wide integration and assimilation of brand values, logo usage/development and common look/feel/voice to build brand equity, support institutional priorities, and advance the SFU brand locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field with 7 years of related progressive experience (including brand management, broadcasting, publishing, and/or graphic design), or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of branding and marketing fundamentals and principles.
- Excellent knowledge of principles and practices related to web design and standards including user experience and information architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to use desktop publishing programs and media software applications and equipment (e.g., InDesign, Photoshop, Quark, Illustrator, FreeHand, Flash, Motion, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, etc.).
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Excellent design, story development, visual concept development and implementation skills.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Excellent leadership, motivational, and team building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent human resource and financial management skills.
- Ability to use a variety of standard software applications including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Ability to develop and manage project plans and to develop effective brand identity, marketing and communications strategies and guidelines.
- Ability to design and develop print, video, and digital advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Ability to work as part of a team both within the department and across the University.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
To apply, and for a more detailed job description please see: