This new role, based in our downtown Toronto office, gives you the chance to create and drive a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for a well-established architecture, engineering, planning, transportation, and systems firm whose 75 offices span the globe.
Reporting directly to the CEO and President, your mandate will be to raise the company’s profile, broaden its reach, and reinforce its new brand – Defining the cities of tomorrow.
Your primary role will be marketing – from devising and executing innovative and creative strategies at the national and global level, to supervising the production of print materials at the local level. You’ll also be responsible for communications, internal and external.
You’re a thinker and doer, and have a strong track record overseeing corporate marketing, integrated thought leadership strategy and programs, in-person events, advertising and awareness marketing, media relations, public relations, executive communications, and internal communications. Smart marketing tactics, creative thinking, and top-notch writing will be required and rewarded.
Working collaboratively with IBI Group’s executive team, regional marketing teams, communications team, and key stakeholders both internally and externally, you will help ensure our marketing and communications efforts support and enhance IBI Group’s vision and position in the market.
IBI Group offers you a career you can Define … Discover it!
- Set high-level marketing strategy for IBI Group and develop annual marketing and communications plan
- Lead marketing efforts at the local, provincial, national and global levels
- Work closely with Toronto marketing support (graphics staff and proposal coordinators) to assist client service and business development teams
- Coordinate marketing efforts with the six regional marketing coordinators
- Measure marketing-related activities against predetermined ROI objectives
- Motivate, coach, train and develop team members
- Manage annual marketing budget
- Work with leadership to develop thought leadership opportunities within Canada and globally; leverage nationally and within the GTA
- Supervise annual report, brochures, videos and other communications initiatives and projects
- Supervise graphics dept in Toronto
- Supervise updates to graphical and editorial design standards
- Create strategies to improve the corporate website (brand promotion, lead generation)
- Create strategies to improve our social media presence and use of CRM tools for electronic mailing and client contact
- Seek opportunities to expand IBI Group’s profile in the market – through speaking engagements, media relations
- Create client events and sponsorship opportunities
- University degree in Business, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience in corporate communications, public relations firm.
- Experience leading a team with strong management and leadership skills and supervisory experience in a multifunctional environment.
- Media relations experience and contacts, primarily in the A/E industry would be considered a strong asset.
- Be able to identify key industry and client information (trends, issues, client-specific data) and present a marketing perspective on what will be required to meet strategic goals.
- Develop short and long term plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting goals
- Be savvy and conversant with digital marketing, new media, and social media strategies and tactics.
- Experience and ability to develop and manage effective traditional and digital marketing campaigns, communications, thought leadership, branding, client service planning, and go-to-market strategies.
- Experience in integrated brand building and client service initiatives.
- Have the ability to manage multiple, disparate projects through to completion, interacting with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Have superior project management skills.
- Maintain clear leadership skills and an ability to manage virtual project teams.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Have extensive experience in preparing effective marketing plans, sales presentations, proposals, white papers and other marketing communications.
- Demonstrate an ability to build strong working relationships with high-level internal clients and with colleagues of all levels in different locations.
- Ability to foster teamwork and build effective teams committed to organizational goals and promote collaboration among team members
Founded in 1974, IBI Group is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing a range of services focusing on the physical development of cities. IBI Group specializes in four areas of development: Urban Land, Facilities, Transportation and Systems. Worldwide, we employ over 2700+ professionals in more than 76 offices internationally and we proudly practice with ISO 9001:2008 certification.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.