Kobo Inc. is a global eReading service with one of the largest eReading catalogues in the world. We believe reading is important and consumers should have the freedom to read any book on any device. We have attracted over seven million readers from over 100 countries around the globe. We have top ranked eReading applications for iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Windows, MacOS and we are the eReading application of choice for leading tablet OEMs. Kobo eReaders are also available at leading retailers globally.
What do we offer you?
Kobo offers the opportunity to work in a cutting edge, lightning-fast startup environment where you’ll have a decisive hand in building the next big thing in eReading using the latest technology available.
The intent of this role is to develop and drive Kobo’s retail strategy and through the development and execution of point of sale merchandising and training programs to extend Kobo’s brand across retail channels to drive greater consumer engagement and understanding of the benefits of Kobo products. Individual will develop the vision and implementation a plan for Kobo’s device experience for consumers in a retail environment.
This person will be responsible for the management of the devices program for retail merchandising and training purposes. Responsibilities:
- Work with agencies to define, develop, implement and evolve Kobo’s device retail experience to maximize consumer attraction and engagement with our brand at POS with our retail partner stores.
- Develop a measurement criteria of sales effectiveness for the branded retail experience and continually improve upon
- Manage field support teams to drive sell through and advocacy
- Work with internal teams and agencies to provide vision and a strategy for execution
- Track and analyze consumer usage of in-store device demos, and make changes to drive best in class experience
- Understand the competitive implementations and ensure Kobo is best in class in its execution at retail
- Work closely with internal teams including: creative, brand management, product development, marketing
- POS Materials oversight and reporting and planning
- Bachelors degree, ideally in business, marketing or similar
- Minimum 8 years business experience with majority of years in retail marketing, shopper experience marketing, retail consulting, visual merchandising or related experience
- 3-5 years in consumer hardware devices
- Strong knowledge of design principals and brand strategies
- Solid understanding of retail management, operations, design and the customer navigation and purchase path
- Comfortable and knowledgeable about software and applications develop to be able to guide agencies and internal teams to develop and evolve the capabilities of Kobo’s consumer experience on devices in a retail environment to drive consumer engagement and understanding of the capabilities of our products
- Ability to anticipate future retail needs/opportunities and ensure that these are integrated into future merchandising strategies
- Able to interact and negotiate within all levels of Kobo and with retail partners. Communicate and collaborate with others to achieve identified goals
- Must have advanced skills to conduct a situation analysis and develop and business strategy and action plan focused on improving market performance.
- Travel: 15%