Director, Digital Marketing full-time
The Marketing Department at Mackenzie Financial Corporation in Toronto is currently accepting applications for the position of Director, Digital Marketing reporting to the Vice President, Marketing.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Lead the design, development and ongoing implementations of the digital marketing strategy, content strategy and all related activity
- Provide direction to internal team members, partner agencies, suppliers and vendors in their support of Mackenzie digital marketing projects
- Develop strategies for co-marketing partnerships and build strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Ensure processes and capabilities are in place to effectively manage digital communications
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of skilled design and marketing professionals overseeing various components of the digital marketing experience
- Maintaining excellent knowledge of the brand strategies and goals of the organization
- Identifying and analyzing relevant financial service organizations’ best practices and emerging trends & activity
- Identifying, evaluating and engaging potential partners for opportunities for external partnerships and co-marketing programs and developing and negotiating relevant contracts
- Developing business cases to secure Executive support, funding and resourcing for innovative new strategies and tactics
- Project management oversight and responsibility for delivering projects on time and on budget
- Ensuring a consistent approach with the overall strategic direction, objectives and initiatives of Mackenzie
- Managing external partners and ensuring contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Ensuring adherence to legal/privacy requirements
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Provide strong leadership to direct reports to motivate both individual and team performance
- Identify key prioritiesfor the year and align team members to successfully execute on these priorities
- Keeping up to date on and leveraging leading edge technologies
- Championing the role and importance of digital marketing within the organization and setting industry trends in this area
The following qualifications will assist the successful candidate in carrying out these responsibilities:
- Proven success in overseeing and executing Digital marketing strategy initiatives that tangibly drive business results.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of digital marketing principles and technology - Project Management, CMS, user targeting, channel and message integration, measurement techniques/analytics, SEO/SEM, web applications and QA.
- Passion for new and emerging technologies and an understanding of how they can be applied to benefit the organization
- Demonstrated experience in decision-making, strategic thinking, problem-solving
- Ability to work in a complex environment that has a wide range of objectives, issues, stakeholders and operational factors
- Expert communication (verbal and written), negotiation, influence and relationship building skills
- Experience managing a team of digital marketing professionals
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Mackenzie Investments’ products, policies and procedures is an asset
- Successful completion of Canadian Securities Course is an asset
- Undergraduate degree in marketing or business
- 10 years in communications/marketing, with at least 5 years in digital marketing
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications online using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position, please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by November 15, 2011. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The referral bonus level for this position is a 3. The job grade for this position is under review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments: however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
cInvestments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.