Director, Design and MP&A Systems
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Computer and Information Systems Managers (0213)
NOC Job Title: Director, Data Processing
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
Director, Design and MP&A Systems
- Works with product design, development, merchandising, planning, allocation and IT management to define new operating models and systems capabilities.
- Responsible for leadership of all technical design, development, integration, and testing resources associated with merchandising and planning systems and solutions.
- Develops IT strategies, prioritize initiatives and defines projects and systems modifications to achieve the business strategy and objectives.
- Ensures systems availability for merchandise and Planning systems including eSPS, FlexPLM, Advanced Allocation, Maple Lake Planning
- Provides strategic direction, manages the day-to-day work activities, coaches and mentors the team.
- Partners with business and technical teams to ensure that MP&A systems are developed to meet business and project objectives while adhering to project and program management standards and established methodologies.
- Uses innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve problems in the merchandise, planning, allocation and PLM space.
- Defines the team structures and resources required to support achieving the business vision, continuously improve existing systems and maintaining ongoing operations.
- Develops and manages departmental budgets to meet IT commitments and achieve our strategic vision.
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering, IT or a similar discipline
- 7-10+ years of progressively responsible technology management exp.
- Strong exp. in Retail Planning Systems projects (i.e., Product Lifecycle Management, Merchandise Financial Planning, Line Planning, Assortment Planning, Item Level Planning, Allocation, Replenishment)
- Experience in a vertically integrated, global, multi-channel retail environment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build constructive business relationships and gain the trust of others in a multi-vendor, cross functional environment. Clear ability to work in a matrix management model, leveraging strength and talents across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, mitigate, and resolve conflicts across workgroups.
- Excellent coaching, team building and group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated experience in making articulate and effective oral presentations to different audiences including senior level management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution, and customer relationship management
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage business partners and external vendors who have major delivery responsibilities for projects and operations.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.