Director, Creative & Communication Services
Qtrade Financial Group provides comprehensive brokerage and wealth management platforms, services and solutions to the retail public as well as the customers of hundreds of financial institutions across Canada. Since 1999, Qtrade has been dedicated to providing its financial institution partners with a single source for market-leading wealth management products and services including: online, full-service and institutional brokerage services, mutual fund dealer services, insurance dealer services, portfolio management, discretionary money management services and proprietary managed money solutions. Our goal is to be a leading provider of wealth management solutions to enable our stakeholders to achieve their financial goals.
We currently administer over $10.5 billion of assets through our subsidiaries and have been consistently ranked Canada's best online broker by both The Globe and Mail and Morningstar.
Join a Canadian leader in online brokerage, wealth management and investment solutions.
As Director, Creative & Communication Services, you’re part of a dynamic, growing company with big aspirations. Our business leaders look to you to execute essential marketing solutions that will drive their business. You work side-by-side with an energetic and creative team of professional graphic and user interface designers, writers and coordinators, who look to you for leadership and guidance. You have leeway to design the processes and structures you need to get the job done. Your mission is build a motivated team respected for productivity, efficiency, timeliness, creativity and quality.
A day in the life
A typical day in this fast-paced role will involve:
- Meeting with business area leaders to discuss objectives and their needs.
- Developing project plans to define timelines, budgets, and team or vendor resource requirements
- Managing, mentoring, providing feedback to team members.
- Brainstorming with team members to solve problems and find the best solutions
- Optimizing processes and workflows
- Learning about the business, gaining insights into the needs of our partners and clients, and following developments and trends in the financial services and wealth management industries
Overall responsibility for the planning, production and deployment of marketing and communications deliverables for all lines of business within Qtrade Financial Group. Deliverables include collateral, event and tradeshow environments, presentations and campaign creative platforms, along with digital, video and copy assets used in promotional, educational, and public relations contexts.
- Works with key stakeholders to understand needs and then guides the creative direction for materials (such as brochures, sales sheets, presentations, visual assets etc.), supervising each project from start to finish
- Ensures all deliverables meet objectives, project metrics, corporate quality, brand and image standards, and are also consistent with marketing, product and business plans
- Oversees each phase of the internal and external production and approval process: including the production and approval of copy, layouts, final artwork, proofs and printed samples, informing respective functional groups of any revisions to project timelines if dates are in jeopardy
- Engages business leaders and other stakeholders, so they play an active role in the communication process
- Works closely with internal departments to ensure accuracy, professionalism and timely delivery of projects
- Oversees the production and delivery of all bilingual (French) content, ensuring content is translated, duplicated, printed and delivered in a timely manner
- Supports sales conferences and client events
- Leads and motivates direct reports to meet deadlines
- Monitor and maintain quality standards for all creative department output
- Ensures that the creative team operates in an efficient and innovative manner
- Serves as the information resource for all issues, questions, documentation, etc. that arise
- Ensures assets follow the required compliance review and branding approval process
- Minimum of 10-12 years relevant work experience; minimum of 5 years directly managing marketing production and workflow processes.
- Minimum of 2-3 years supervising a team of marketing staff.
- Broad knowledge of communication and creative principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with experience managing multiple projects with competing priorities. Strong track record of project managing and executing on time and budget through a team.
- Strong people management, mentoring skills. Ability to be firm and soft at the same time.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in the wealth management industry or financial services industry and/or keen personal knowledge and interest in investing, wealth management or financial services
- Ability to build effective relationships throughout the organization and with external partners
- Works well in an entrepreneurial environment; willing to roll up sleeves and work with limited direction
- Exceptional verbal and written skills, with close attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of media relations and communications principles and practices required
- Persuasive, fact-based, and articulate with superior collaboration and listening skills
- Ability to manage French bi-lingual content and workflow
- Travel sometimes required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
Location: We are located downtown Vancouver at the Bentall One Building (corner of Burrard and Pender). 2 blocks away from the Burrard Skytrain station.