Kinaxis® is a leading edge software company located in Ottawa, Canada. Our RapidResponse® on demand software enables manufacturers and brand owners to drive supply chain management (SCM) and sales and operations planning (S&OP) from a single system. Some of our preeminent customers include Cisco, Sikorsky, Qualcomm, and Alcatel-Lucent to name just a few.
If you are looking to make a difference, enjoy challenging work, and want to contribute to next-generation features of world class technology, then Kinaxis is the place for you! With the stability of an established company, combined with the passion and innovation of a start-up, Kinaxis is a GREAT place to work. Our success and growth means we are expanding. We are currently looking for:
Director, Content Development
Reporting to the VP, Knowledge Programs and Products, you will collaborate and execute on a content development strategy to develop once and reuse across multiple modalities and functions (in-product, training, marketing, sales, support etc.). We have created some amazing software at Kinaxis, and we need a large content team to create and curate knowledge assets so our ecosystem (customers, partners, employees) can learn from experts, adopt the RapidResponse tool, and build expertise. Training assets, best practices, white papers, in-product help, and advocacy content are all key content assets that this team will develop.
Developing and producing quality content is key to our success at Kinaxis. This is a unique role, where you will have an opportunity to build and develop a team, implement an innovative content model, and develop content assets that will be used across all areas of the company, with customers, and partners.
- Drive a content process that visualizes the end state, and creatively plans from the ground up to develop once and reuse many times, building efficiency into the business.
- Implement a creative and unique technical content development model, and lead the content development organization to execute on new process, new templates, and new content.
- Create content that will be used in digital, mobile, self-paced, and in-person formats.
- Lead teams that build training videos and multimedia learning products on various topics (RapidResponse, supply chain management, sales, customer stories etc.).
- Guide and approve use of content development tools and management systems, and project management software.
- Create a way for experts to share their knowledge easily, to scale and communicate across the ecosystem.
- Advocate for the content development team, and communicate about ways to share and develop knowledge.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Education, Technical Writing, English Literature or Linguistics, Corporate Communications, Journalism or other related field.
- 10+ years of experience in IT content development.
- Self-starter and proactive individual, who is passionate about creating excellent content efficiently.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities, and lead others through change.
- Proven success as an empowering and effective people manager, with formal people management training and 5+ years of people management experience.
- Demonstrated track record of positive and enthusiastic leadership, innovation, and success guiding a team towards shared goals.
- Proven skills in writing and curating content, to lead, create, contribute to, or support content development activities.
- Proven skills in building a needs analysis, program management, and defining methodologies and templates to develop content.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in a cross-functional environment with a mix of on-premise and remote colleagues.
- Experience developing scalable offerings for self-paced consumption an asset.
- Experience deploying partner training and knowledge programs an asset.
- Experience in the design, development and testing of knowledge assets.
- Experience in the Supply Chain Management field is an asset.
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of content and design software, such as Adobe Captivate, MadCap Flare, Photoshop, Framemaker, is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Content Management Systems.
- Familiarity with content curation tools.