Director, Communications & Marketing contract
Plexxus provides leading edge business support solutions to Ontario’s health care sector. It is owned by 11 member hospitals: Holland Bloorview Kids Rehab, Lakeridge Health, Mount Sinai Hospital, North York General Hospital, Rouge Valley Health System, St. Joseph’s Health Centre, The Scarborough Hospital, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto East General Hospital, University Health Network (with Toronto Rehab) and Women’s College Hospital.
Plexxus is a not-for-profit shared service organization with a mandate to provide supply chain as well as transactional finance, human resources and payroll services to member healthcare organizations. Plexxus is now positioned to enable efficiencies by implementing SAP financial and supply chain software applications at Plexxus and our member hospitals. The implementation of an SAP platform across our member hospitals will enable us to also provide additional transactional services in the areas of finance, human resources and payroll services.
The Plexxus objectives are to improve service levels and maximize non-clinical efficiencies, resulting in savings for members that can be reinvested in direct patient care. Plexxus embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: A focus on results while delivering value, acting with integrity and respect, inspiring our people, being flexible and responsive, and finding innovative solutions for our customers.
We are looking for an interim resource, a Director, Communications and Marketing, to lead refinement of the company’s communication strategy and plan and to assist the Senior Management Team in implementing actions following a recent Brand Strategy review.
- Understand Plexxus’ business and various change initiatives at a detailed level by partnering with internal and external stakeholders and/or project team members. Understand change impacts on all stakeholders and proactively identify communication needs.
- Build support for internally focused changes, as well as for larger, transformational initiatives that affect both Plexxus and its Member hospitals, through the development and delivery of effective communications.
- Oversee the Communications Coordinator’s role, responsible for Corporate Communications
- Implement actions following a strategic brand review to develop current and future potential value proposition, and how Plexxus can effectively serve the needs of our current and future customers
- Lead refinement of the company’s communication strategy and plan, including definition of the required organization and resources required to support execution of the plan.
- Make recommendations for the future Communication/Marketing organization given the company’ potential size and maturity
- Minimum of 10 years Corporate Communications and Marketing/Branding experience at a management level, preferably in complex organizations undergoing transformational change that affects multiple stakeholder groups
- Extensive experience leading communication, developing communication strategies and detailed plans, and writing communication content (including press releases and publications), ensuring consistency of key messages
- Ability to lead at the strategic and operational levels
(1) Decisive Judgment - making good decisions in a timely and confident manner
(2) Championing Change - taking action to support and implement change initiatives effectively
(3) Courage of Convictions - having the personal courage to address difficult issues in the face of potential opposition
(4) Business Acumen - understanding general business and financial concepts, understanding the company’s business, and using both general and specific knowledge to be effective
(5) Planning and Organizing - Effectively organizing and planning work according to organizational needs by defining objectives and anticipating needs and priorities
(6) Driving for results - Challenging, pushing the organization and themselves to excel and achieve
(7) Resilience - effectively dealing with work related problems, pressure, and stress in a professional and positive manner
(8) Team Leadership -leading others to accomplish team goals and objectives
(9) Coaching and Developing others - advising, assisting, mentoring and providing feedback to others to encourage and inspire the development of work-related competencies and long-term career growth
(10) Relationship Management - developing and maintaining positive relationships with individuals outside their work group
(11) Interpersonal Communication - Communicating clearly and effectively with people inside and outside of the organization including written, presentation and meeting leadership skills
- Communication and Marketing Degree or Diploma