Reporting to the Director of Marketing Services, the Direct Marketing Manager will manage the flow of direct marketing projects to ensure accurate, timely and efficient letter shop and direct mail program execution. This position involves working closely with the Database Analysis Manager, Marketing team, internal clients and outside vendors, including Canada Post and USPS.
In this full-time position as Direct Marketing Manager, you will:
- coordinate direct mail program fulfillment start-to-end, including campaign scheduling, creative process, print production, database/mail file set-up and troubleshooting, letter shop, and mail drops
- be responsible for regulatory submissions, and the administration of reports for mailing programs, including postage/mailing statements, mail program costs, department budget controls and pre/post-campaign analysis
- provide guidance, coaching and supervision to the Direct Mail Production Coordinators to ensure the delivery of optimum guest service
- ensure strict adherence to departmental policies, internal control procedures, Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario control specifications, and Casino policy and procedures
- promote a safe, hazard-free work environment under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Your experience, knowledge and qualifications as Direct Marketing Manager will include:
- degree or college diploma in Marketing or Business
- at least 5 years of experience in Marketing, with 3 years in Direct Marketing
- 3 years of proven experience in design, development, administration and implementation of marketing databases
- proven ability to analyze and report market segment, demographic and geographical customer information
- proven project management and execution skills
- thorough, in-depth knowledge of Canada Post and USPS postal standards, specifications and regulations
- demonstrated understanding of direct mail principles and capacity to coordinate projects and effectively handle multiple tasks and relationships with others
- strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret marketing and financial reports and develop actionable plans from the data
- knowledge of CRM systems
- extensive knowledge of contemporary software and computer systems, including Microsoft Access and other relational database systems
- experience in SQL programming and in an ACSC environment, preferred
- experience supervising employees, an asset
- exceptional organizational skills with a proven ability to work with multiple demands, meet or exceed tight deadlines, and accept broad challenges
- strong teamwork, written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- proven ability in analyzing information, problems, situations, practices or procedures to define problems or objectives, identify relevant concerns or factors, patterns, tendencies and relationships, formulate logical, objective conclusions, and recognize alternatives and their implications
- strong proofreading skills and an eye for detail and design
- willingness and ability to work on ad-hoc projects outside scope of Direct Marketing, and work extended and flexible hours to support a 24/7 operation
- ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- working knowledge of WHMIS and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
There are some great people out there. We should know – we hire them. Are you known for your professionalism and passion for exceptional service? So are we. That’s why you will feel right at home at Casino Niagara and Fallsview Casino Resort. After all, it’s people like you who make up our award-winning team. And, in joining one of the largest casinos in the world, you will feel exhilarated by the excitement of our environment and the opportunities within. It is our great people who make it all happen … and you can be one of them.