Reporting to the Manager, Social & Digital Media, the Digital Media Specialist supports the implementation of Halton’s communication campaigns through the use of digital media mediums including corporate social media channels, visual digital communications such as online advertisements, videos and the corporate intranet and internet.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Digital Communications, Marketing or related discipline. Minimum of five years demonstrated experience in designing and implementing successful social media and online marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate should also have experience launching digital content including Apps and other digital media, excellent written communication skills as well as editing and proof-reading skills. Knowledge of SEO, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics and other industry standard analytics is also preferred. Experience in the design, development and maintenance of Microsoft Sharepoint sites would also be an asset. The ideal candidate should be organized, proactive, detail oriented and able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The incumbent will be required to serve on stand-by on a rotational basis, and respond to after hour callouts. Occasional travel within Halton Region is required; incumbent must supply their own transportation.
- Manage day-to-day activities on social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Develop and maintain mobile Apps for iOS and Android platforms
- Produce wireframes that clearly annotate functionality and interactive elements for stakeholders and development teams
- Design, produce and publish short videos using Adobe Premier and After Effects
- Interpret creative briefs and translate them into quality wireframes and prototypes that meet business requirements while taking into account technical constraints
- Edit/proofread copy when required.
- Contribute to the creation of online style guidelines that support the brand
- Provide excellent level of customer service including effective and timely communications to all campaign stakeholders
- Design, track, monitor and analyze specific campaigns and social media activities
- Design creative collateral including but not limited to advertisements, factsheets, reports, guides, etc.
- Ensure quality of the website content and overall experience finding opportunities to continually improve its content and experience (copy, design, functionality, etc.)
- Review website inventory and perform routine maintenance audits of website content, images, active/inactive pages and more;
- Maintain compliance to the regulations on accessible web design outlined through the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- Web page and mobile web development
- Other duties as assigned
August 19, 2016