The National Ballet of Canada, Canada's premier ballet company and one of the world's top international dance companies, is looking for a Digital Media Officer to join our dynamic Communications team.
Under the leadership of Karen Kain, the company is experiencing an unprecedented level of artistic excellence, attracting some of the world’s most sought after choreographers, mounting spectacular new productions, and touring to the most important dance centres in North America and abroad. The need to stay ahead in public relations and social media is paramount in ensuring Ms. Kain’s powerful artistic vision reaches out to the broadest potential audience.
Reporting to the Publicity Manager, the Digital Media Officer will assist in implementing a strategic public relations plan for The National Ballet of Canada, with a focus on digital and social media content.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create interesting and engaging digital media content, including but not limited to video, photos, text, contests, etc., that promotes the National Ballet, productions and artists
- Manage the company’s digital media presence, analyzing trends and monitoring numbers to maximize growth across all digital platforms
- Engage with fans and followers, managing online discussions by answering questions and responding to comments on a timely basis
- Plan and coordinate digital announcements, events such as Facebook Live videos, Instagram stories, Snapchat videos and Tweet and Greets, and key National Ballet initiatives
- Ensure messaging positively supports the overarching objectives of the Communications department and is in line with the National Ballet brand
- Prepare weekly summaries of digital media highlights
- Liaise with various internal departments and external vendors to support digital initiatives
- General administrative duties, as required
- Post-secondary education Public Relations or Communications, or related field
- Two to five years’ publicity experience, preferably within the digital media sector and social media and their uses in the performing arts/non-profit sector
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills, a multi-tasker who can produce under high pressure situations
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with ability to build a rapport with online communities
- Highly creative and strategic thinker, with the ability to consistently deliver new ideas for digital content
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Photoshop & Final Cut
- Understanding as well as an appreciation and passion for the performing arts
- Able to work evenings and weekends, as required during the performance season