What would I be doing in this role at Desire2Learn?
The Digital Marketing Specialist will focus on the optimization, and ongoing analysis of our corporate website. They will have a deep knowledge of how search engines work, a proven track-record of moving websites to top ranked positions, and the capacity to apply a variety of methods to increase website traffic, generate leads, and assess overall site performance.
What would my main duties be?
- Provide innovative suggestions and coordinate on-site and off-site tactics to ensure we are fully optimized for all major search engines
- Execute both organic and paid search engine campaign
- Have familiarity with search engine marketing tools including Google Analytics, Google Keywords, Adwords and more
- Provide bi-weekly reports on website ranking performance relative to our competition, our keywords, ad campaigns, and other key metrics
- Stay on-trend and abreast of new search engine marketing techniques, and always take a forward-looking approach to work
What is Desire2Learn looking for from me?
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to think up out-of-the-box creative approaches
- Must thrive on competition and the challenge of constantly trying to beat earlier results
- 5+ years' experience working within the SEO and SEM sphere
- Experience working for an enterprise-level B2B or B2C company
- Understanding of how HTML, CSS, and Metadata work
- Familiarity with CRM, and Marketing Automation tools
- Ability to implement technical changes is considered an asset
Bachelor's degree/diploma in Marketing, Web Development, Computer Science or Communications
Type of Position: Full-time
Location: Kitchener, Canada