York is a leading international teaching and research university, and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, we are preparing our students for their long-term careers and personal success. Together, we can make things right for our communities, our planet and our future.
OsgoodePD is a revenue-generating professional education business and lifelong learning arm of Osgoode Hall Law School, one of Canada’s largest, oldest and most distinguished law schools. OsgoodePD is recognized globally for a commitment to ongoing innovation in educational technology and pedagogy, offering a uniquely broad and flexible range of interdisciplinary graduate-level legal education to professionals with and without law degrees.
About You & The Role
We are searching for a Digital Marketing Manager who will oversee the development of strategic initiatives and tactical plans to effectively promote OsgoodePD’s Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and LLM (Masters) Graduate programs. The ideal candidate will be an experienced metrics-driven digital marketing leader with a proven track record of developing digital campaigns across multiple channels.
Using advanced working knowledge of data analytics and implementation, you will define data collection parameters, refine tracking, and inform strategies to promote OsgoodePD while improving conversions and increasing ROI. You will manage, evaluate, and continuously improve marketing assets and campaigns. You’ll be our in-house digital expert and draw on your experience managing social, CRM, data, analytics and web.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Enrolment Management, overseeing two direct reports, and collaborating cross-functionally within OsgoodePD, you will be an integral part of OsgoodePD’s Management Team responsible for revamping all digital strategy and campaigns.
- Define, manage and optimize digital strategies across a mix of marketing channels including email, social, paid search, sponsored content, landing pages and third-party advertisers
- Develop immediate and long terms strategies to increase conversions, applications and revenue
- Develop and oversee the creation of marketing and communications assets and concepts including social media posts, ad designs, landing pages, web pages, brochures and emails
- Create Google Analytics reporting and dashboards, evaluating data and drawing actionable conclusions and benchmarks to inform tactics
- Analyze segments in internal database and opportunity markets to develop cyclical marketing campaigns
- Mentor and educate the marketing and other cross-functional teams on digital best practices and tactics
- Create social media content strategy with the goal of increasing followers and engagement
- Oversee website content, SEO, functionality and new database integrations, while optimizing conversions, generating leads, and increasing site engagement
- Manage CRM lead generation and nurturing campaigns
- Evaluate and advise on the planning and budget management for digital marketing initiatives
- Oversee A/B testing to experiment and optimize content and messaging across social and email communication
- Minimum 5 years of experience in senior or managerial digital marketing role
- Experience managing staff, preferably in a unionized environment
- Advanced, in-depth knowledge and experience with paid social (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), CRM (Salesforce), SEO, BI (PowerBI), web analytics (Google Analytics) and implementation (Google Tag Manager). Professional certificates in Google Analytics, Google Tag manager, Facebook campaigns, AdWords an asset.
- Experience developing strategic and measurable digital marketing campaigns (planning and execution)
- Experience managing email campaigns and lead nurturing communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience writing marketing copy
- Experience overseeing website functionality and design, with understanding of UX/UI best practices, preferably within WordPress
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to capture marketing performance data, manipulate in Excel, and distill into clear insights that will guide future decisions
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience managing external agencies and RFP processes
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment and with multiple stakeholders