Digital Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to the Creative Services Manager, the Digital Marketing Coordinator is a member of the Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation Marketing and Communications team.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator has the overall responsibility for coordinating The Foundation’s day-to-day social media interactions and growing our overall digital presence, in addition to supporting the Creative Services Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include:
(1) Social Media Innovation:
- Help develop ongoing strategies to increase the fan base of our social media sites
- Propose creative ideas and solutions to ensure we are constantly innovating in the social space
- In conjunction with the team, contribute to the campaign calendar and tactics to increase audience participation
- Explore ways in which to facilitate conversion (and monetize engagement)
(2) Day-to-Day Community Management:
- Monitor, respond to and engage in an online conversation with our online communities
- Perform day-to-day logistics for our social media sites and monitor/report on successes and trends, including updates
- Manage e-blast program and track relevant metrics
- Engage, as appropriate, with our corporate partners and cause partners social media sites
- Support Children’s Miracle Network and Cause Marketing partners from a social media and digital presence
- Complete monthly reports and provide recommendations for improvement
(3) Digital content creation:
- Research, write and design content for our social media sites, website and some of our emails and newsletters, in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Team
- Use search engine optimization techniques to enhance content
- Contribute to the development of online advertising specifically engineered to drive traffic to social sites
- Manage Google Adwords grant program and perform weekly logistics
(4) Design Support and Management:
- Provide design support as required
- Produce and maintain templates for commonly requested items, as appropriate
- Maintaining The Foundation’s brand identity guidelines
(5) Third-Party Event Support:
- Develop and maintain online resource guide/materials for third party events
- Manage marketing and communications support for specified third-party events
The Ideal Candidate:
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment to excellence while managing multiple priorities
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing, social media and design
- Solid project management skills with good organizational skills
- Demonstrate effective communication (both verbal and written) interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Adobe In-design suite (for PC)
- High degree of initiative and ability to complete assigned tasks and responsibilities despite interruptions
- Relationship-building, collaboration and customer service skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with Social Media platforms and analytics
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Adwords and their effective use
- Experience with email marketing systems such as Mailchimp
- Previous experience in a volunteer environment an asset.
Experience / Education
Post-secondary education, either university or college and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in social media management and graphic design.
This position is based in Hamilton, Ontario. Based on the nature of The Foundation’s activities, occasional evening and weekend work will be required, and visits to our hospital sites are occasionally required. This position reports to the Creative Services Manager.
About Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation:
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation is a registered charitable organization which includes Hamilton General Hospital Foundation, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre Foundation, McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation, St. Peter’s Hospital Foundation and all of their associated programs. Through the generosity of our donors, we fund capital redevelopment projects, purchase medical equipment and technology, and invest in research and education. Our mission is to raise funds and manage donor gifts to support outstanding clinical care and research for the communities served by Hamilton Health Sciences; our goal is Health Care, Transformed.