Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator is involved with the proposal, development, implementation, and maintenance of various forms of digital media in order to promote the SMS Equipment brand and generate qualified leads for departments as appropriate. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researches, develops, and implements appropriate marketing plans using a variety of digital/social media
- Maintains current online/digital marketing media. Responsible for continuous maintaining and updating of metrics and enhancing performance of digital media by collaborating with business partners in order to improve the online customer experience
- Responsible for continuous skill development within the marketing discipline by attending periodic skill development events, keeping informed of new digital medium developments, and maintaining active membership in key marketing-related associations such as the Canadian Marketing Association
Typically requires post-secondary education in marketing, or a related field, as well as 2-3 years’ experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered. Additional qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Proven experience in the formulation and execution of marketing strategy in digital commerce, intranet/extranet, e-mail marketing, online advertising and web-based application design
- Extensive knowledge of computer applications and software applicable to the marketing function (includes Microsoft Suite), and internet based applications including social media and marketing software (familiarity with Marketo an asset)
- Excellent time management skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to appropriately assess priorities.