Gowlings is a leading Canadian Law firm offering a diverse range of services within IP, Business and Advocacy law to help domestic and international organizations achieve their business objectives. Characterized by national strength and regional focus, Gowlings has over 700 professionals across offices in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, Waterloo Region, Calgary, Vancouver, London UK, and Moscow and Beijing.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player to join our Marketing and Business Development Group as a Digital Marketing Assistant (12 month contract).
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, the successful candidate will be highly detail-oriented, passionate about digital marketing and able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Working alongside a talented and dynamic team, the Digital Marketing Assistant will provide day-to-day support to the firm’s digital marketing activities across Canada and internationally, including newsletter and event mailings, website content creation and updates, and other digital marketing projects as required.
The incumbent’s responsibilities may include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with the other members of the Marketing Communications team to support the firm’s digital marketing activities, including newsletter and event mailings, website content creation and updates, and other digital marketing projects as required.
- Assist in measuring the effectiveness of the firm’s digital strategies through analytics and other measurement tools.
- Provide support for the firm’s social media activities across platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube, as needed.
- Provide digital marketing support and guidance to Marketing & BD colleagues and legal professionals across the firm, including providing advice and recommendations on digital strategies and tactics.
- Stay current on digital marketing best practices, platforms and tools, and apply them proactively.
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications or a related field of study (completion of/enrolment in a digital marketing program/course is a strong asset).
- Previous experience in a marketing-related role.
- Working knowledge of HTML; basic knowledge of Dreamweaver and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with content management systems and email marketing platforms.
- Advanced software skills in a PC environment, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Solutions-focused approach to obstacles and challenges.
- Desire to exceed expectations and contribute to the overall success of the team.