What Are We Looking For?
In short: a graphic designer who specializes in online marketing and advertising. We're looking for someone who thinks 'digital first'. To be successful in this role you will need a deep understanding of current digital design trends. You'll have a solid foundation in graphic design essentials like layouts and typography. Together you'll use these traits to conceptualize and execute in-house and client ad campaigns. Your portfolio should have a strong emphasis on digital graphic design.
On the advertising side, you'll create visuals seen across the globe. On Monday you might sit through a client onboarding to draft ad concepts. Tuesday you may be designing ad creative suitable for Facebook and Instagram campaigns. Wednesday you may lend your skills to designing a series of landing pages for lead generation. Later in the week you might craft mockups and slide decks for new client pitches. You'll be integral in keeping our clients' online presence looking savvy, professional and consistent.
You'll also be working with our content marketing team. Today you might design header images for a series of blog posts. Tomorrow it might be a cover for a client's eBook. The next day it could be suitable imagery for social media posts. Perhaps you'll come up with some amazing new angles for marketing our services. Your web and graphic design skills will help our clients (and us!) achieve new growth.
As you can see, you'll need a strong familiarity with content marketing and advertising. Every day we'll expect that you're enthusiastic about digital graphic design. And that you'll infect the rest of the team with that enthusiasm.
Gravytrain is a boutique digital advertising and content marketing agency. We build and strengthen positive relationships between our clients and their customers.
We're young - just over 3 years old. Until now, we've specialized in content strategy and development for businesses, professionals and agencies. But content marketing is evolving. Entering 2016, we'll assist our clients with every step of their online marketing campaigns. Before today, we survived using freelancers. Now, we need... you?
- You have at least 3-5 years of web / digital graphic design experience
- You have a formal education in digital media, web graphic design or a related discipline
- You're a fun, energetic individual who is both playful and professional
- You're a bit of a nerd who loves digital design and is always ready to learn and level up your skills
- You think of yourself as someone who is disruptive and ready to push the envelope
- You're excited to be a part of a team that treats its members - and its clients - as family
- Exceptional ability to visualize and craft marketing creative for a diverse array of industries
- Advanced competency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Competent with Microsoft PowerPoint / Apple Keynote and typical Office applications
- Competent with mobile design principles
- At least a working understanding of HTML, CSS and web standards. Stuff like responsive design and grid systems. The more, the merrier
- At least a working understanding of current user interface and user experience design principles
- An obsessive attention to detail. We don't send mistakes out the door
- Flexibility and a willingness to work outside of your scope if needed
- Experience with WordPress and other content management systems, and all major social media platforms
- Experience with creating and/or working with landing pages
- Experience with creating effective digital advertising
- Experience with brand development and business collateral design
- Experience designing in and working with Mailchimp or other email campaign systems
- Basic photography skills
The Other Stuff
- You live in Vancouver - we're not looking for remote workers, contractors or freelancers. This is an in-house position.
- You'll spend your day-to-day in a professional office environment in Vancouver. If you're asked to travel, it will be to the occasional conference or event.
- You're okay with the fact that we're a small, intimate team that is on a fast growth trajectory. In this role you'll report to the CEO and work with the entire team.
- We'll offer you a salary that's competitive and the skills needed in this role. This position comes with medical and dental benefits, as well as a paid gym membership.