At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
We are looking for a skilled and collaborative Digital Graphic Designer to develop digital design solutions within a large, purpose-driven organization. This is a unique opportunity to apply your design expertise for a range of external and internal audiences in B.C. including ICBC’s customers, business partners and employees. Our collaborative team consists of content writers and strategists and we work alongside colleagues in UX, Communications, Marketing and Information Services.
With proven experience working in a complex environment, you will design for a variety of online channels including websites, mobile, social media, and online applications. On any given day you could be working with UX and developer colleagues on specs and UI elements for new online features, developing layouts for landing pages or microsites, or creating assets such as banners, illustrations or animations for online channels.
The ideal candidate has a passion for team collaboration, design thinking and innovation, proven experience working creatively within brand standards, and the ability to distill requirements into clear and effective online experiences.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Create clear and compelling designs that engage and inform internal and external audiences across a range of online channels including web, mobile, applications and social media
- Support the implementation of our visual identity across channels and champion our brand guidelines and online best practices. Be an active member of our design community of practice.
- Provide expertise and vision in helping to grow our digital design guidelines and templates (in collaboration with other design colleagues). Champion web accessibility in all online deliverables.
- Consult and collaborate with internal clients to identify design requirements, evaluate work requests, and make strategic recommendations for solutions based on industry knowledge, best practice and expertise
- Execute and deliver projects by establishing workback schedules and maintaining key milestones, circulating work for review, gathering and incorporating feedback, communicating with team members and making adjustments as needed to meet deadlines.
- Review materials to ensure they meet our standards for usability, customer experience, and brand. Reviews and revises standards and templates as required.
- Continuous learning of new software, accessibility standards and best practices in digital design
- Technical skills. Expertise in design for digital channels including principles of responsive design, user-centred design, usability, accessibility; typography, composition and colour theory; mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite for the web. Experience or knowledge of HTML, CSS, user interface design and prototyping software such as Axure would be an asset.
- Analytical/problem solving skills. Able to identify risks to delivery, offer potential solutions, review or revise and execute designs to ensure usability, channel appropriateness, and brand compliance.
- Communication skills. Able to collaborate with team members and clients, ask clarifying questions, provide advice and expertise on visual needs, and manage expectations. Able to communicate verbally and in writing with a range of stakeholders including technical developers and management.
- Organizational skills. Able to plan own priorities and adapt to changing demands and schedules. Can handle multiple tasks and work to strict deadlines. Able to build files and archive work within department organizational systems.
- Accuracy and concentration skills. Able to produce precise and accurate results with strong attention to detail.
The above requirements would typically be met through completion of post-secondary education in graphic, communication or digital design and 2-5 years of related, recent experience with a focus on digital channels. Membership in a certification-granting design professional association, such as DesCan or RGD, considered an asset. A link to a design portfolio of professional samples (5-15) is required.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits: We are committed to providing industry competitive salary and benefits. The salary for this position is $58,633.15 annually / $2,255.12 bi-weekly / $32.21 hourly.
- Continuous Training: We offer continuous in-house training to ensure you are equipped with the knowledge to be successful in your role.
- Hybrid of On-site and Working from Home: We offer flexible working arrangements as we continue to support our employees in balancing their career and family commitments.
- COVID-19 safety protocols: We comply with WorkSafeBC and the health authorities of British Columbia to ensure your safety and wellbeing.
- Engaging Culture: We promote an inclusive and diverse work environment.
*Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.