Role: Designer / Web Developer
Term: Full-time 6 month contract
As a designer and web developer, your specialty is creativity. You have a yearning and drive to be all things creative and communications related. You thrive in working in a small team, where your contribution will have a direct impact on meeting client expectations. This means you will have the absolute skill set to apply them to creating the best work for our clients. Joining the Magnolia team is about growing with the company and working in a fast paced, high energy, and challenging work environment. In return, you will work on a wide variety of projects that will make your portfolio beam with pride.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Main lead in design / layout for digital, electronic and print media
- Have the ability to use visual elements to convey key messages; have the confidence to offer new concepts and ideas
- Be responsible for developing first class materials, including presentations (using powerpoint), brochures, graphs, print charts, illustrations, and other artwork.
- Design marketing collateral such as postcards, datasheets, product illustrations, and advertisements
- Develop online materials that include html enewsletters and email campaigns, websites, landing pages, static and animated website banners
- Use your artistic eye and highest attention to detail is a must
- Have excellent communications skills, oral and written, needed to work in a small team environment and liaison with suppliers and clients
Skill set requirements:
- Full working proficiency in Adobe creative suite products (CS6): InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Flash
- PHP and MySQL
- CMS deployment, customization and theme development (e.g. WordPress)
- Responsive web design implementation and knowledge
- Cross browser and OS compatibility testing
- Clean code, optimized for performance, load times and maintainability
- Mobile development skills an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Over the top attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent ability to multitask and manage, prioritize and complete multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- A team-oriented, positive can-do attitude and willingness to learn as well as teach
- Creative thinking and passion for all things digital, technology and marketing
- Ability to work and communicate professionally and effectively with clients and account managers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible with overtime hours when required to meet deadlines
- Agency experience would be an asset
- Highly proficient (advanced level) usage of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Thrive working independently with careful attention to details
- Can effectively manage competing interests, deadlines and multiple projects
- Team player with drive, pride in your work, dedication to get work done well
- 1+ years of experience as a Graphic Designer (working in a creative agency experience is an asset).
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging UX/UI standards for mobile and web applications.
- Strong interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Produce high quality work within tight deadlines.
- Have a creative eye with extreme attention to detail and a passion for typography.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Certificate or Diploma in Interactive design.
- Complete understanding of the responsive design approach.
- Worked with clients or contractors in the past in a freelance environment.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating design excellence and versatility.
- Clear oral and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Experience meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with staff & clients in an overall team environment.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Positive & Professional.