Qtrade Financial Group is committed to offering comprehensive, market-leading wealth management solutions to the retail public as well as the customers of over 180 financial institutions including credit unions, banks, trust companies and financial planning companies across Canada. We currently administer over $8 billion of investment assets through our subsidiaries and have been ranked best Online Broker from The Globe and Mail for 6 years in a row. Our goal is to be a leading provider of wealth management solutions to enable our stakeholders to achieve their financial goals.
Working with a Principal and Senior Designer, this position is responsible for designing and producing brand assets to build and support Qtrade’s brand across all divisions. The Designer applies creative skills, along with technical expertise to produce design solutions for various marketing/communication tools including corporate documents, collateral, promotional items and websites. He/she will continually collaborate with and support others on the Qtrade design team. This position reports to the VP, Marketing and Communications.
The successful candidate will have a track record of drive, initiative and ability to execute in a high volume work environment. Interest and knowledge of financial services industry products and services is important in the role.
For the next twelve months, the role is approximately 60% production and 40% conceptual/creative. Because Qtrade is growing quickly, this may change down the road.
- Create design layouts and provide design solutions for various marketing/communication tools including corporate documents, collateral, promotional items and websites.
- Review, improve and refresh existing designs for print collateral and websites.
- Various production-related design tasks including carrying concepts from other designers to file completion.
- Ensure designs are consistent with corporate quality, brand and image standards, as well as meet objectives and overall project goals.
- Design, cut and optimize graphics for web and various media.
- Contribute original ideas and creative solutions to solve design challenges.
- Clearly communicate design concepts to the team and incorporate feedback from many stakeholders.
- Execute efficiently within tight project schedules and deadlines.
- Various projects as assigned.
Skills and Expertise:
- A portfolio of print design and web-based work that demonstrates creativity.
- Approximately 5 years work related design experience (may be a mix of agency, corporate or freelance work)
- Proven experience with Adobe Creative Suite - such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, DreamWeaver and Flash - including advanced image creation, editing, manipulation, and optimization techniques.
- Strong knowledge of pre-press and preparing files for print.
- Strong production design skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite.
- Comfortable in a PC environment.
- A basic understanding of HTML, DHTML, CSS and other current web languages and standards would be an asset.
- Understanding and experience with online marketing including social media would be an asset.
- Track record of drive, initiative and ability to execute in a high production work environment.
- Cultural fit in a lean, entrepreneurial corporate culture.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of financial industry products and services is important.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a highly collaborative team.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Willingness to multi-task and must be flexible to take on varied responsibilities.
- Keenly interested in learning new skills and technologies.
- Comfortable in an open-space office environment.
- Experience working with a web development team or non-technical clients would be an asset.
· Formal education (at college or university level) in new media or traditional design.
Location: We are located downtown Vancouver at the Bentall One Building (corner of Burrard and Pender). 2 blocks away from the Burrard Skytrain station.