Plentyoffish Media Inc, the world leader in online dating, is looking for a Designer to join our team. The design team strives to create appropriate, meaningful experiences for our end users, while driving the POF brand.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented and solution focused designer to contribute to our web and mobile products. As design doesn’t stop at Photoshop, this designer will contribute beyond functional and aesthetic design, from managing documentation to liaising with development teams.
Our ideal candidate is passionate and thrives in a fast-paced environment. They’re comfortable managing many concurrent tasks at any one time, and will rise to the challenge of finding design solutions for complex product challenges.
You’ll work hard, obsess over the details and celebrate our progress with the team on Fridays.
So, what will you do?
- Contribute to design concepts.
- Work closely with the design team to generate visual designs for the website and mobile features.
- Work diligently from style guides to ensure thorough consistency across products.
- Generate, organize and track asset sets. Using automated work flows where applicable.
- Work with Product Managers and Developers to understand the intent of the feature as well as the technical or business limitations.
- Scope multiple concurrent design tracks while making realistic estimates and meeting deadlines.
- Work with the UX Architect to create and iterate on wireframes, storyboards, prototypes and other UX deliverables.
- Create detailed specification around wireframes.
- Author and manage ongoing product documentation.
- Be the expert on the product features with a firm knowledge of all nuances and exceptions.
- Assist the Product team in the creation and maintenance of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Work with QA to prioritize and track design issues and participate in testing processes.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- 1-3 years of experience as a visual designer on web and / or mobile projects.
- 1-3 years of experience working directly as or in co-ordination with a web (front-end, HTML/CSS) or mobile developer.
- Intuitive sense of design and some natural artistic ability.
- Clean visual design sense.
- Exceptional skills with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Some experience in producing IA deliverables like use cases, user flows and wireframes.
- Understanding of usability, heuristic evaluation and ability to suggest improvements to design.
- Sensitivity to the purpose of brand and its accompanying guidelines.
- Excellent communication and ability to work cohesively within a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Must be able to follow direction well and follow project guidelines closely.
- Must be deadline oriented and be able to finish threads.
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm to drive results.
- Strong analytic abilities. This position requires the ability to evaluate complex technical, business and user requirements and create practical solutions.
•You're a user of Plentyoffish. Maybe you've even met your significant other on POF.
What's it like to work at POF?
- We have a fun and casual culture.
- Our office is stocked with snacks and beverages.
- Great downtown location with easy access to transit.
- Awesome state-of-the-art office with fantastic views.