We are looking for a talented individual to work within our small industrial design firm to help us continue to design and produce unique and innovative trophies and awards. We custom design and handcraft every award in our North Vancouver studio. This role will be 50% design, 50% production and perhaps some admin, web design and social media work at times. Applicant must be a designer with hands-on production skills and knowledge of woodworking machinery and processes. Metal, plastics and other material processing skills will be an advantage.
- Conceptualizing new award designs and creating the necessary drawings for client approval.
- Creating the CAD work for production (including CNC).
- Liaising with clients regarding new projects.
- Performing various production tasks associated with producing products, as per design specifications.
- Ensuring product quality is achieved in a timely manner.
- Assembly and inspection of finished products to ensure high quality.
- Logistics: packing and shipping products, compiling documentation for export and monitoring shipments.
- General workshop maintenance.
- Design background, preferably a design qualification in Graphic Design or Industrial Design.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Hands on experience is a must, working with materials such as wood, metal and plastics.
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and common sense.