Mobify is looking for a talented Design Manager to join our Product Team. This is a role for a multi-talented individual who will bring a wide set of skills and experience to the table.
As Design Manager you will lead a team of designers who work with engineering and product management teams to define new product ideas and bring them to market. We’re looking for a UX specialist who is an accomplished designer first and foremost. You have a passion for your work and great people management skills.
The Design Manager empowers designers, guiding their decisions, streamlining their processes and providing leadership to navigate the design challenges presented by the ever-evolving world of mobile shopping.
This is a senior level position and is also on-site. Candidates must be in or willing to relocate to Vancouver, Canada.
What You'll Do
- Envision and design products that make mobile shopping better
- Stay on top of competitive trends in both the digital creative & retail spaces – teach and share wherever possible
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives
- Advocate design within the Product Team
- Provide creative direction and mentorship to guide your team in establishing goals, developing their competencies, and measuring performance
- Work with leaders of design functions across the company (Customer Success, UX, Marketing)
- Own design recruiting on the Product Team
- Consult with Project Managers during project planning and design delivery estimations
- Take the lead on, and balance multiple projects with minimal supervision while being accountable to deadlines
- Lead outcome based design throughout the product lifecycle; including discovery and initial assessment, requirements gathering, creative brief, implementation and launch, and ongoing measurement and reporting
- Provide critique and review for design projects
- Own product design philosophy
- Own continuous evolution of our design/development process
- Continually evaluate and improve the process around design delivery
- Drive holistic design patterns for similar components or product areas
Who You Are
- You have at least 7 years of experience, 3 of which have been spent in a management or leadership capacity
- You have at least 3 years experience in a customer facing role
- You are a natural communicator with strong public speaking and presentation skills
- You are a strong designer with foundational skills in HTML and CSS
- You possess an expert level understanding of UX best practices
- You have an eagle eye for strong structural and aesthetic design
- You have a background in visual communications
Mobify (www.mobify.com) is the mobile shopping platform of choice for leading global retailers. We power shopping around the world through web, apps and brick and mortar stores.
Mobify's platform empowers marketers and developers at companies like Ann Taylor, Crocs, ideeli, Leading Hotels of the World, British Telecom and Beyond the Rack to deliver exceptional mobile shopping experiences that improve customer experience, and grow revenue.