At Farmboy Fine Arts (FBFA), we believe we can change lives with art, and we work with artists, photographers and galleries from around the world to do it.
Our fast-paced Gastown office is looking for an experienced Design Manager to lead day-to-day operations of our creative team. Serving a 1-year maternity-leave term with opportunity to extend, the Design Manager collaborates with all FBFA departments, managing the curation and development of bespoke art collections for some of the biggest brands in hospitality, healthcare and interior design.
This role is for an individual with a strong understanding of contemporary fine art, ability to manage a creative team and an unrivaled technical prowess when it comes to delivering custom art reproductions.
And you need to deliver all of the above with a smile on your face, even as timelines compress and goalposts move.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Champion FBFA’s aesthetic vision and brand differentiation
- Act as technical leader across all design programs, supporting best practices for file building and efficient curating of art packages
- Review and evaluate all art work proposed by the design team, ensuring it meets the creative brief, FBFA’s aesthetic vision and production standards
- Ensure design team executes project work in accordance with FBFA SOPs
- Coach and develop the design team, both technically and aesthetically
- A critical and conceptual thinker who loves and values art and design culture
- At least 5 years working experience in design, art making, and/or communication design
- Exceptional command of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Fine Arts, Illustration, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, Photography, Interactive Arts & Technology and/or Communication Design
- Interior design and/or architectural experience are a bonus
- Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of professionalism that can take a project from start to finish
ABOUT FARMBOY FINE ARTS
Farmboy Fine Arts is a full-service art consultancy, delivering custom artwork and curated collections for hospitality, healthcare and corporate spaces.
Focused on developing intelligent, relevant art experiences, we aren’t simply an artwork provider. We are a partner, offering support and services from initial art concept through design, project management and fulfillment.
With over a decade of international experience and more than 2,000 completed projects for thousands of clients, our purpose is simple—change lives with art.
- 1-year maternity-leave term, with opportunity to extend
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Sept 2016