This position is available through the Job Creation Partnership Program, offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The Job Creation Partnership program is designed to provide those receiving Employment Insurance benefits (or those with reach back status) work experience opportunities needed to acquire more marketable skills to help them find future employment.
POSITION: DA1 Communications & Marketing Assistant
CONTRACT LENGTH: 24 weeks
START DATE: January 11, 2016
END DATE: March 31, 2016 with the possibility to 24 weeks pending the Ministry of Ontario’s fiscal year budget approval
JOB SUMMARY: The successful candidate will assist staff with artist logistics, promotional activities and other event activities for our 2016 festival.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: To the Producing Director & Communications Manager
- Update and maintain festival database;
- Prepare direct communications materials (emails, letters) for festival partners, volunteers and patrons;
- Prepare content for show programs; assist with program lay-out;
- Direct market (by phone, email and in person at meetings, etc.) to target groups, and community partners;
- Create festival information packages for artists, presenters, volunteers, staff and media;
- Compile & disseminate information about the festival via social media tools (i.e., Facebook and Twitter);
- Update festival website using WordPress;
- Work with festival volunteers on special initiatives;
- Direct volunteers and assist with important ancillary activities i.e., receptions, post-show chats, etc.
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in MS Office suite; WordPress experience an asset
- Proficient in use of social media tools;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented;
- Strong interpersonal skills, self motivated and resourceful;
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Willingness to learn new skills;
- Flexible attitude and team player;
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Other arts organizations, festivals, Canadian dance presenters;
- Volunteers and volunteer service organizations;
- Area business professionals.