Electronic Arts are looking for a new creative leader who can deliver stunning and highly usable web experiences. They will do this by successfully translating product visions and goals into exceptionally effective user-centric designs on the web.
The Creative UX Director will be capable of bringing disparate views together at a senior level, creating consensus and consistency around new ideas and initiatives, building confidence in the outcome, to create successful digital concepts across all platforms and devices.
The Creative UX Director will lead in the creation of innovative and usable solutions that span the scope of online marketing, ecommerce, and online game experiences. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with design, user experience, technology and the business teams to produce web experiences with a smart, visual impact. They will have an extensive interactive experience and a well-rounded design background.
- Drive constant improvement in the creative quality of EA's web, through user-centered design
- Be a great team player across cross-functional groups, passionately articulate goals and team principles to help form a stimulating and fun work environment/culture
- Inspire artists, user experience designers, producers, developers, marketing staff and others involved in the delivery of our web experiences to execute the overall vision and strategy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directing the team's creative resources to ensure an environment, culture and structure of optimized web experiences
- Ensuring that projects are developed within the company's brand, voice/position, defined schedule and budget
- Ensuring (internal) client satisfaction for all creative initiatives
- Evangelizing a clear vision of best-in-class web designs to senior executives, partners and clients.
- Leading the business and consumer user experience, design and research disciplines by continually improving UX capabilities, tools, processes and best practices
- Ability to lead and inspire creative that is requested for our audiences
- Developing communication solutions that support the company's defined strategic vision
- Mentoring, managing and developing the various creative department team members that also includes reviewing, assessing and evaluating staff performance, creative output and project processes
- Quality control and management oversight of work products developed by the creative team
- Refine the digital creative process
- An exceptional portfolio of work showcasing social, mobile and web solutions
- 6-8 years UX and visual design experience designing for large-scale, CMS controlled sites
- 3-4 years demonstrated leadership skills hiring and managing designers
- Exceptional typography and solid background in grid layouts and responsive design
- Fluency analyzing audience metrics, research surveys, focus group and usability testing
- A passion for clean, accessible and functional design
- A collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe CS software
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and Jquery