Shift Health is an enterprise medical communication company. We believe patients are people first, and capturing the patient voice in the healthcare environment is integral to improving quality of care. We also believe in strong corporate culture and a collaborative, inspiring, creative and fun work environment.
We specialize in helping healthcare organizations collect Patient Reported Data — information gathered and inputted directly from the patient. We have a multi-pronged approach, providing consultation, implementation and design solutions powered by our flagship product, TickiT®. A web-based mobile app, TickiT collects patient information and transmits it to a dashboard for clinicians and heathcare providers to review and analyze. We improve the quality of patient experience, PRD and data analysis through thoughtful, user-friendly, engaging UX/UI design.
Many of our clients — Sick Kids, Toronto, Seattle Children’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, San Francisco Public Health, and the Centre of Mental Health and Addictions, Canada — are world leaders. We work collaboratively with our client and partners to create the best patient/provider tools possible. Our products are already being used globally in a variety of clinical settings to improve health outcomes.
This is a hands-on role. As the Senior Designer on a small team, your will help develop Shift Health’s products and service, while aligning our internal goals and vision with our client’s needs. You will work closely with our engineers on design development of our flagship product, TickiT as well as provide the creative direction and production of both product and marketing materials, including the website, presentations, branding and client support materials. This is an exciting opportunity for a senior designer to make a significant contribution to a validated product and service, with an active user base.
On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for the development of ideas that form the basis of our client’s patient engagement strategy, while leading and executing the creative vision of the company.
What will you be responsible for?
- Driving quality, unity and consistency of creative tone, voice and design of all brand communications and projects.
- Contributing to strategic and creative development of brand marketing for new business development.
- Developing a new website
- Design for client support and client success materials, including product packaging and hardcopy.
- Wireframing and prototyping UI/UX design for Patient User Interface and Healthcare Provider dashboard
- Leading and executing the creative vision of the company, during all phases of service and product design, including discovery, pre-sales, definition and delivery.
- Defining and managing workflow for art direction, copywriting, design and creative production
- Sharing your passion, enthusiasm and knowledge of design and project development with the team and clients.
- Setting expectations and standards for creative team attitude, behavior and teamwork
- Communicate directly with a variety of clients, translating their visions into beautiful, functional materials.
- Maintain lasting client relationships by infusing deep healthcare understanding into our creative output (this may include travel to client locations).
- 5-7 years design experience in guiding real products, from concept to completion.
- A strong portfolio of work in UX design, app or web development and graphic design
- A solid and up-to-date understanding of best practices and trends in UX/UI design, web and app development.
- A passion for usability and user interface design and clean, user-centred, minimalist design and typography.
- A pragmatic and strategic approach to design and product development.
- A history of building brand credibility
- Client and project management experience with strong client relationships. • Great communication and listening skills.
- A good sense of humor, ability to work well with others, including to cook lunch!
- Prior experience in a start-up environment.
- Experience with healthcare providers, non-profits or educational institutions a plus.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch.
- Prototyping skills: the ability to demonstrate and provide specifications for interaction and user flows, whether through online clickthroughs, Flash animations, interactive prototypes, etc.
- Familiarity with tools such as Omnigraffle, Flash, After Effects, Invision, Flinto an asset
If you are passionate to use your creative spirit and design expertise to make a difference, and are looking for a small, supportive work environment, then contact us by email below.
We look forward to hearing from you.