The Creative Director has 5+ years of interactive agency experience directing digital content. The position calls for amazingly effective communication, a positive attitude, and an inspiring strong work ethic. Candidates must be self-motivated, willing to be challenged by the Product Director and collaborate with Art, Design and Tech Directors.
The Creative Director is a client facing role and must have highly developed insight, intuition and the ability to rapidly shift concept, vision and execution communications to satisfy and shape client requirements.
The Creative Director has to be Technology aware and make smart viable creative product decisions
- Lead creative teams, drawing together Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters, Content Strategists, Interaction Designers, and Developers to produce beautiful and intuitive interactive design experiences from concept to execution. Solutions must be both innovative yet usable and within budget ‐ while also satisfying client objectives.
- Set and maintain the creative vision throughout the duration of a project.
- Effectively absorb the existing FUEL methodology and drive concepts and strategies through the entire creative and development process ‐ internally and externally.
- Act in a creative leadership role with clients, vendors, and internal resources with intelligence, humility, charisma, and solid work ethic.
- Passionately seek a deep understanding of the client’s business, brand, and marketing objectives. Work closely as a proactive problem solver and partner with the account managers and producers.
- Provide strong conceptual, creative direction and leadership for client presentations, new client acquisition, and new business pitches to sell ideas and work alike.
- Maintain high standards for execution and attention to detail in all aspects of interactive design and development.
- Work collaboratively with Producers to set timelines, resourcing plans, and deliverables is critical for success.
- Create presentation decks quickly and effectively that strategically communicates and/or sells in creative concepts to existing and new clients.
- Relentless in work ethic and passion to do the best work possible on each and every project
- Maintain immersion in digital culture and online social media, then engage the office and promote interactive knowledge and creativity.
- Be technology smart and understand the implications of technology and development for delivering against creative vision.
- Willing to travel frequently.
- Able to manage stress
- Able to drive teams to an extreme level of quality and performance on deadline
- Excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent team‐building, problem‐solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Enthusiasm, positive energy, and ability to maintain a sense of humor under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and focus
- An innovative and solution oriented mindset
- Strong ability to analyze & conceptualize
- Strong interactive/digital knowledge
- Ability to understand user interaction
- Up to date on the latest technologies and their capabilities
- Ability to work in cross‐functional teams in high pressure situations
- Willingness to simultaneously tackle multiple projects and challenges
- Passion to rapidly build expertise on new businesses and industry verticals
- Desire to create sustainable businesses and innovative user experiences for the largest brands on the web
- Minimum of 5 years Director experience creating medium-large interactive projects – including web, applications, gaming and creative advertising efforts
- Degree in the Arts or related field is required
- Experience estimating production budgets and resource planning skills
- Experience with functional specification development and information architecture
- Previous Creative, Art or Design Direction
- Have strong connections with a wide variety of creative resources
Fuel is a global digital agency based in Ottawa and L.A. who has pushed the limits of youth brand engagement for more than 10 years. Through deep, digital brand experiences we reach consumers with innovative and impactful campaigns across online, social, mobile, console, and next generation consumer technology. Through creativity, socialization, and most importantly – play – we have grown into one of the most advanced youth marketing firms in the world. Our work for McDonald’s, Star Wars, NBC Universal, Nokia, and Mattel prove it, and iMedia has named Fuel one of 25 Agencies to Watch in 2012.
Fuel is fun. We work hard, and play hard. We’re no strangers to the impromptu karaoke competition, midnight gaming session, or all-office laser tag. Our team marries the best digital strategists and creative minds in the business with an army of in-house experts in design, animation, film, game design, and software development.
Fuel is a family. And as a next generation digital agency with a focus exclusively on youth consumers, we’re one of the most exciting places to work in the world.