Come join BC’s fastest growing grocery retailer in an exciting and challenging Marketing role!
Save-On-Foods is one of Western Canada's largest employers. Our legacy of outstanding value and customer service dates back more than 100 years largely due to our commitment to going the extra mile!
We are driven to meet the specific needs of each community we serve and have grown to become Western Canada’s premier grocer with four banners and more than 175 locations from British Columbia to Manitoba and the Yukon.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director, Design and Production to join our team in Langley, B.C.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Marketing, you will be responsible to lead and oversea Creative, Production, Signage and Studio marketing initiatives including print and digital media. Overall, this position will support the company's vision, market positioning, image identification and merchandising initiatives as well as ensure project deliverables are completed in line with the project plan for all Save-On-Food brands.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a cross-functional team consisting of Creative, Production, Signage and Studio in the strategic development of marketing messages and deliverables.
- Overseeing projects with a focus on Just-in-time delivery, quality and always customer first service.
- Collaborating with stakeholders at all levels and inspires others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of corporate visions, and ensuring that the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive.
- Working closely with Managing, Director Marketing and Senior Marketing Team to produce company marketing initiatives.
- Translating marketing objectives into clear creative strategies.
- Directing creative and brainstorming meetings.
- Leading and directing the creative in the production of all marketing collateral.
- Overseas the creative process from concept to completion.
- Creating detailed schedules and setting deadlines for various stages of a project.
- Prioritizing workload and resources including distributing assignments to the creative team and or agencies and free-lance designers.
- Ensuring visual communication and brand standards are met for all brands.
- Managing the design and production budget and ensuring that parameters are adhered to.
- Negotiating optimum terms with vendors and suppliers to ensure that price, quality and supply standards are maintained.
- Maintaining and developing collaborative partnerships with service providers and agency partners.
- Researching and recommending ideas and opportunities that will result in operational efficiencies.
- Managing the Creative, Production, Signage and Studio teams in a participative style that focuses on Team member development and empowerment.
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a post-secondary education in Business, Design or Marketing and a minimum of 10 years of experience in Branding, Marketing, Design and Production or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models.
- Knowledge of media methodologies such as design, photography, printing and digital processes.
- Proficiency in systems applications such as Microsoft Office 365.
- In depth experience leading effective brand creative for all channels.
- Adobe suite experience is considered an asset.
- PMP designation and/or experience with Project Management systems is an asset.
- Self-aware and empathetic and possess a high level of Emotional Intelligence (EQ).
- An excellent communicator both verbal and written with superior people management and interpersonal skills.
- Conceptual with creative abilities.
- A capable Project Manager; managing multiple projects at the same time is essential.
- Excellent at time management and keep projects on schedule and team members working within deadlines.
- Able to prioritize, plan and organize effectively.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced working environment without substituting quality or accuracy.
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders and negotiate agreements.
- A critical thinker with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Able to coach, mentor and develop a team of motivated and engaged team members.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, we offer a great range of benefits, a company pension plan, free access to our onsite gym, free parking, team member offers, and opportunities for development and career progression.
Save-On-Foods is an inclusive team-oriented environment where we recognize achievements and celebrate them.
If you want to be part of an organization that makes an impact every day in our local communities, apply online today!
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!