FUNCTION: Reporting to the Director, Brand & Creative Services, the Creative Copywriter role is the primary creative writer for Porter and will lead the crafting of creative copy for advertising and other marketing initiatives. Will also provide assistance to the Corporate Communications team to help bring the brand personality to social and internal communications. Manages the production and trafficking of radio assets. Assists in the production of re:porter magazine.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Creative Copywriter works closely with in-house and agency designers and others in the Marketing and Communications organization to translate marketing and/or communications strategies into highly engaging creative concepts that bring the very unique Porter brand personality to life in a variety of channels – print, radio, digital, social and internal communications.
- Develops campaign concepts and crafts incredibly engaging copy that translates well across all marketing channels – print ads, brochures, digital ads, web site, radio, video.
- Assists in the production of re:porter magazine, including editorial review, proof-reading and the production of assigned stores and features.
- Develops streamlined but personable copy for e-commerce related web applications, such as booking flows, cross-sell/up-sell communications, e-mails and supporting content.
- Writes and manages the production of Porter radio commericals.
- Provides copywriting support for other initiatives such as press releases, social media or internal communication materials
- Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong creative writing and advertising portfolio with experience developing creative copy with a variety of personalities and tones of voice
- 4+ years of experience developing highly branded and compelling headlines, copy and creative concepts; 2+ years in an advertising or marketing agency preferred
- Experience leading strategic brainstorming sessions with designers and marketing coordinators, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
- Solid working knowledge of marketing and advertising principles with strong experience in writing for the web and radio
- Passion for exceptional copy with a keen attention to detail
- Experience in internal communications, media communications and speech writing preferred
- Strong ability to manage to tight production deadlines
- Bilingual and fluent in English and French is required
- A degree in English, journalism, communications or a related field
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ