Winters Instruments is a Canadian owned global manufacturer of industrial instrumentation.
Since 1953, Winters Instruments has been manufacturing quality built instrumentation for all markets that require pressure and temperature measurement. Through the years, the company has grown in size and reputation and is now a leading, global manufacturer of industrial instrumentation.
TITLE: Marketing Manager
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
REPORTS TO: President
Join a world leader in the instrumentation industry!
Winters Instruments is a leading, global manufacturer of industrial instrumentation. Our products are brought to market by an extensive network of distribution partners who share our successes of being trusted by some of the world’s most recognized Fortune 500 companies and leading municipal organizations. Winters Instruments currently operates from 7 worldwide offices.
Winters Instruments is currently looking for a highly-motivated and driven Marketing Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be successful in managing corporate marketing objectives and sales support activities, including but not limited to:
- Management of product, sales and marketing literature production, from concept to writing, design and layout
- Liaise with technical departments, senior sales managers and product manager to identify and produce marketing collateral, such as catalogues, competitor comparisons, specification guides and sales brochures
- Communications of product announcements and company news via website, social media sites, trade associations/contacts, publications, etc., to distributors and staff
- Strategic and tactical management of promotions and advertising campaigns to end users and/or distributors through various integrated channels
- Oversee the ongoing development of corporate website and various online accounts, such as implementation of new online tools and content generation
- Oversee the growth of online presence by utilizing PPC campaigns, inbound links, industry listings, and SEO
- Source, negotiate pricing, purchasing and inventory management of marketing literature and promotional items
- Management of Winters’ participation in industry tradeshows pertaining to space applications, utilities orders, promotions and miscellaneous promotional items
- Assist with quarterly distributor training events by producing and sending invitations, preparing presentation slides, supplying product samples and organizing activities
- Participate in strategic price planning by obtaining competitors’ pricing and performing comparisons and implementation
- Ongoing administration of CRM, lead qualification and evaluation corporate demand generation
- Produce quarterly and annual marketing plans and budgets, including weekly and monthly marketing reports
- Writing and issuing of press releases and white papers
- Monitoring of Winters’ competitive position and industry developments as they relate to product, warranty, relationships and applications
- Designate and enforce Winters’ style guidelines with distributors and Winters factories in advertisements, packaging and product
- Conducting regular surveys with Winters distributors and reporting on the findings
- Must have at least 7 years of marketing experience
- Familiarity with industrial markets is an asset
- Strong copywriting abilities and skill in transferring product/technical data to marketing/sales literature
- Graphic design and solid experience using Adobe suite of products: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; and QuarkXpress
- Knowledge of pre-press production/printing
- Expert level in Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with Adobe Dreamweaver and knowledge of HTML
- Experience working with Joomla CMS and implementation of websites
- Experience in content generation and updating of social media sites
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort working with all levels of staff, from technicians to executives
- Quick learner with ability to be immersed in industry
- Highly organized with skills in prioritizing workload
- Highly detail-oriented