FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Advertising. The successful applicant of the Coordinator, Marketing role develops and documents campaign plans for a variety of Porter advertising, promotion and acquisition programs, ensures strategy buy-in and supervises execution. As the Coordinator, Marketing you will own the development and execution of Porter’s co-operative marketing programs with Brand USA, Tourism Ontario and other Canadian and U.S. tourism-promoting organizations. In addition, the successful candidate will manage the promotion of ski and golf programs, partnership airlines and partner businesses to drive Porter and Porter Escape bookings. You are comfortable preparing campaign creative briefs and live presentations/discussions to communicate strategy and goals and ensure well-crafted creative from designers, copywriters and/or agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Coordinator, Marketing works on developing marketing strategy to achieve high-level revenue objectives. The role develops a variety of Porter and co-operative marketing campaigns to support Porter Airlines and Porter Escapes, our vacation package division. This role is highly visible and collaborates with several in-house teams. Responsible for relationships and negotiations with businesses and government tourism agency partners. Involved in market and customer research.
- Proactively manages Marketing’s relationship with Revenue Management to establish and communicate regular sale and non-sale media campaign strategies to meet company revenue objectives and fulfill media obligations.
- Manages campaign plans that include print, radio and digital media blocking.
- Proactively manages co-operative marketing relationships and develops annual marketing campaigns to support co-operative marketing partnerships with tourism-promoting entities.
- Responsible for increasing bookings to the targeted destinations and to maximize the co-operative marketing funds to Porter. Includes, but is not limited to Brand USA, Tourism Ontario, Burlington and Mont Tremblant.
- Manages campaigns relating to airline and private company partners including code-share, interline and ancillary product offers.
- Writes marketing plans and project briefs to facilitate the communication of assigned sale and non-sale marketing strategies and the development of campaign related copy, print and digital.
- Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy.
- Other special projects and assignments as assigned by Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ year’s experience developing multi-channel online and offline advertising strategies and campaigns including print and digital media, email and web site marketing.
- Successful work experience coordinating the efforts of multiple peers, superiors and members of diverse teams in a fast-paced, ever-changing, deadline-driven production environment.
- Ability to solve complex problems with keen organizational instincts and political savvy. Must have a passion for exceptional work quality and a strong attention to detail.
- 4+ years of experience in consumer marketing and/or advertising, with experience in an agency setting preferred.
- Post-Secondary education in Communications, Marketing or equivalent preferred.
- Bilingual in English and French an asset
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport – YTZ