Reporting to the Supervisor, Development & Communications, the successful candidate will provide support to the Association’s development, communications and marketing functions by:
- Assisting the Supervisor, Development & Communications with day-to-day tasks: marketing support, promotions, events and fundraising
- Coordinating the design and development of marketing strategies and promotional materials along with internal and external communications
- Maintaining and updating the website, as well as the Guelph Y’s social media channels
- Working closely with all program areas in the Guelph Y to increase advertising and communications
- Contributing to increasing the community’s knowledge of Guelph Y initiatives
- Compiling research on the community, competitors and members
- Assisting in planning and execution of on-site and off-site events
- Assisting in fundraising initiatives
- Updating the donor database
- Photographing and recording events, programs, members and staff and producing photos and videos for promotional pieces
- Assisting in community partnership development
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPENTENCIES
- University Degree or College Diploma in Marketing or 3 years’ job-related experience
- Adobe Creative Suite skills are required with a particular focus on Adobe Illustrator
- Experience in updating and managing website content, as well as experience with Google Analytics
- Experience leading a social media strategy, specifically using Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Experience using email marketing software, such as Constant Contact
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience in event planning will be considered an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certifications (to be obtained within the first three months of employment)
- Current, clear, vulnerable sector Police Criminal Check
Organizational Competencies Required:
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the Y.
Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Y.
Concern for Health and Safety
Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Through appearance, manner, punctuality, and attitude ,demonstrates a commitment to doing the best job possible.
Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s Y experience.
Actively builds team and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA – YWCA of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.