- Exciting opportunity in a rewarding role with Nature's Path - 2015 Financial Post's Ten Best Companies to work for in Canada!
- Be a part of a values-based organization with a mission to leave the earth better than we found it.
- Fantastic work atmosphere and supportive team members.
About The Opportunity
The individual will be responsible for creating and producing quality graphic solutions for packaging, consumer and trade collateral materials, trade show and event marketing materials and other communication forms both graphic and digital as deemed appropriate by the Creative Team Lead.
Our Creative Team is in the process of redesigning all of our packaging. The ‘Look & Feel’ has been established, but we need help rolling it out over our ± 300 products. We need someone with production experience, but also a designer’s eye, as it will be a good balance of these two skills. The packaging redesign will be the main task at hand, but we will also need help designing & producing Print Collateral, Trade Show items , Social Media Graphics, etc.
This role is a 4 month contract that will be on our payroll on an hourly basis. The work will be done in our home office in Richmond, BC working with the Graphic Design team. (We are located close to Bridgeport Station off the Canada Line and close to the Oak Street Bridge).
Critical Outcomes From the Job:
- Works with the Creative Team Lead and Senior Graphic Designer(s) to support new product and branding initiatives that are compatible with the established underlying Nature’s Path brand personality.
- Aids the development of new concepts for packaging, marketing materials and digital in coordination with the internal stakeholders, and as directed by Senior Designer(s), Marketing Production Specialist and Creative Team Lead.
- Works directly with the key internal stakeholders, Senior Designers and outside suppliers to assure design solutions meet all necessary criteria for a successful resolution in a timely manner.
- Produces finished digital artwork files in appropriate formats for outside supplier needs, and follow ups with color proof checking and quality control when required or as instructed by Senior Designer(s), or Marketing Production Specialist through to the finished product.
- Provides support to other team members in revising, updating and modifying all graphic files as changes and corrections arise. Also, assists the marketing and sales teams to create professional graphic solutions with their various communications requirements (trade memos, sell sheets, presentations, etc.)
- Takes responsibility for art directing, producing or sourcing illustrations, photography or graphics to be used in packaging, the web site or other communications materials in a cost effective manner when required or as instructed by Senior Designer(s), or Marketing Production Specialist.
- Works with the Marketing Production Specialist, Brand Managers & other internal stakeholders to ensure timelines and deadlines are being met.
Success in this role will require:
Graduation from a recognized university or college with a specialization in graphic design or advertising communications, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years graphic design experience in creating innovative design solutions. Packaged goods experience preferred but not essential.
- Excellent Mac based computer skills esp. Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). Some web based & video software experience desirable, but not essential.
- Must have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, and as part of a team.
- Has the initiative to source information and gather answers to questions pertinent to the success of the project.
Please ensure you send a link of your portfolio.
No cover letter is necessary.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Nature’s Path Foods; candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Nature’s Path.
Upon joining Nature's Path, you will become part of a vibrant team that contributes to bringing healthy, organic food to the world in a sustainable way. At Nature’s Path, we follow 5 core competencies and, as a result, strive to build a culture that is: performance driven, always improving, team focused, honourable and respectful, and sustainably and socially conscious.
About Nature's Path
Nature’s Path is a sustainably-driven, deliciously-healthy organic food company that believes in "leaving the earth better than we found it". At Nature’s Path, we believe in the idea that you can come to work, and help make the world a better place in the same day. Nature’s Path has received numerous awards such as the Greenest Employer award, BC’s Top Employers award, and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers award.
As a family-run, privately-owned company with locations in Canada and the U.S., our company was founded with strong entrepreneurial spirit and mission to leave the Earth better than we found it, which has become part of everything we do. Since our establishment in 1985, we have expanded to employ a team of over 500 employees in U.S. and Canada! Our company’s innovative brands include Nature’s Path, Love Crunch, Envirokidz and Que Pasa.
Our goal is to be a trusted name for quality organic foods in every home– socially responsible, environmentally sustainable and financially viable. We believe that everyone should have access to delicious food that is both good for people and the planet. If you share our vision, please explore our opportunities and take the path to a new and exciting career! Visit Nature’s Path online at www.naturespath.com, join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.