About EA SPORTS:
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA JAM basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
About EA SPORTS FIFA WORLD:
FIFA World is a new, fully free-to-play downloadable soccer game for PC developed by the award winning FIFA development team at EA Canada. FIFA World will be available for free to soccer fans in Brazil and Russia with a broadband internet connection and an average spec laptop or desktop personal computer. The game will be built around FIFA Ultimate Team, the most popular game mode within EA SPORTS FIFA that reflects the best recent real-world performances of the world’s best players. In Ultimate Team, fans have the freedom to build their own squads to play their own style of soccer, re-shaping their teams based on the real-world performances of their favorite players. The commercial launch of the game is scheduled for November 2013.
About The Role:
This role will be responsible for developing and coordinating editorial and social content across EA SPORTS FIFA World social media and web channels, with a particular emphasis on supporting our launch territories with the creation of locally relevant, engaging social media content released at a steady stream. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of the real world of football and prior experience managing social media channels for an established brand.
Candidates must be comfortable handling multiple deadlines while always delivering consistent, quality work on time. Candidates must also have experience working in a central role interfacing with numerous internal stakeholders (development, product marketing, communications, customer support, and local territories), with an emphasis on building tools / processes to quickly scale programs into new territories in support of the product’s expansion.
Candidates must also have experience creating formal feedback loops to deliver product leads with information on general community sentiment and program results across multiple territories. Experience with community forum development / management is a major plus.
- Global lead on FIFA World forum planning and community management – build out process to ensure community sentiment is feedback to appropriate functional leads.
- Plan and create compelling daily content for EA SPORTS FIFA channels, including web and social media -work closely with regional offices on localization and deployment
- Coordinate with the product marketing and development teams to ensure video and visual assets are delivered at quality and on time
- Work with the FIFA communications team, product marketing and development to ensure all content plans are reflected in the editorial calendar
- Manage engaging, long-term social media programs
- Play an important role in pre-production planning and editorial meetings to ensure continual improvements to content quality and best practices
- Proofread, copy-edit and filter all content to ensure adherence to the EA SPORTS brand tenets, tone of voice and style guides
- Manage day-to-day content publishing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other social media channels tied to the EA SPORTS FIFA WORLD.
- Measure and report on content performance through analytics
- Able to drive engaging conversations through content posted on EA SPORTS FIFA WORLD social media channels
- 2-3 years of social media management experience with an established brand
- Strong knowledge of soccer
- Passion for sports and gaming
- Strong understanding of the social media landscape and best practices for each channel
- Exceptional communication (written and oral) skills
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of social media analytics tools
- Lateral thinker and problem solver
- Proven multi-tasker and deadline driven
- Graphic Design experience is a plus
- Video editing experience is a plus
Candidates must have the legal right to work in Canada at the time of application, no assistance will be provided by EA.