As a member of the Marketing and Communications team, the role of the Senior Marketing Strategist is to work in collaboration with the department and university clients to plan and execute integrated marketing campaigns, which build the TRU brand and support recruitment and retention initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the development of an annual institutional marketing plan and individual client marketing plans by recommending strategies and tactics that will help increase awareness, drive inquiries or achieve project objectives.
- Stays abreast of the latest trends in digital and social media marketing and is adept with using a variety of digital channels for advertising.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with advertising sales representatives (e.g. online advertising, out of home, radio, television, theatre, print), responsible for media buying, securing media discounts and making recommendations on new advertising opportunities.
- Establishes and manages working relationships with external suppliers (e.g. printers, photography, video), requests quotes, selects vendors, sets project timelines, oversees quality control and financial accountability related to production.
- Coordinates and leads projects including: client services; writing creative briefs; issuing requests for proposals, purchasing online and offline media; selecting and managing vendors; setting up dockets using project management software; establishing work back schedules based on resources, time, priorities and project scope; maintaining project files; preparing materials for project meetings; and project budgets.
- Gathers and distills data to produces project reports and post-mortem reports.
- Collaborates with graphic design team to ensure TRU brand guidelines are adhered to and the brief is followed.
- Collaborates with the content team to ensure consistency in messaging across all promotional materials and advertising (paid and unpaid); and the project brief is upheld.
- Reviews and signs off on promotional materials and advertising prior to final files being sent to vendors and clients.
- Communicates with a high level of professionalism and tact within the Marketing and Communications department, within TRU and outside of TRU as a key representative for vendors, suppliers and students.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or comparable education in related fields
- Five (5) years' related work experience advertising or corporate work environment with experience in:
- Online and traditional advertising
- Media buying and ad campaign planning
- Account supervision
- Project management
- Experience in developing and executing multi-channel campaigns
- Experience using vendor dashboards and marketing analytics reports to measure and optimize paid advertising
- Experience with social media advertising, search engine marketing (SEM), pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, and content marketing
- Experience using project management software
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Extensive knowledge of marketing concepts and best practices
- Strong budget planning and management
- Project management skills with the proven ability to plan, lead and coordinate projects on time and on budget
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong business acumen and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge of media vendors and media buying
- Working knowledge of content management systems and customer relationship management systems
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of post-secondary education is preferred
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time; general office conditions
- Local travel required; occasional attendance at marketing events
- Ability to lift weights in excess of 10kg
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 7 hours a day, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!