You’re just as passionate about writing as you are about marketing. You know how to capture your audience’s attention, and how to grow that interest far and wide. You don’t just find a creative angle — you make one. We’re a fast-paced, creative online business seeking a Content Producer & Marketing Specialist to work with our marketing team to create unique, industry-leading content that will help grow our online audience, build brand awareness, and provide our community with content that matters to them.
Based out of Liberty Village, Toronto, we are focused on developing online products that improve the lives of creative professionals. Our flagship product, Format.com, is an online portfolio platform that enables anyone to professionally showcase their body of work to peers, clients, employers and the world-at-large.
An integral part of the marketing team, the Content Producer & Marketing Specialist will be responsible for conceptualizing partnerships, researching and writing marketing proposals, and advertorial management and ideation. They will also be responsible for managing, editing and writing content published by Format, including downloadable content. The ideal candidate will be extremely resourceful, finding a home online for all things Format — from our articles, to our interviews, to our one-off marketing initiatives. They will be just as comfortable marketing content as they are with producing it — for them, “publish” simply means full steam ahead.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism or its equivalent.
- 3-5 years of work experience as a copywriter, technical writer, editor, marketing communications specialist (with a heavy focus on writing), or other similar role.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience writing for the web, social media and online marketing.
- Exceptional verbal communication and copywriting skills.
- Strong project management skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to champion and follow process.
- In depth knowledge of the ever-changing Internet landscape.
- Highly creative with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Interest in photography &/or experience as a photographer an asset.
- Email marketing experience is also an asset.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing team to write and deliver compelling and engaging content that meets marketing goals and objectives.
- Manage and oversee the production of content with in-house and freelance writers.
- Edit and proofread marketing materials and content as assigned.
- Distribute and promote produced content amongst channels most relevant to Format.
- Define KPIs and track and report on campaign and content performance.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to create content.
- Own the content creation and optimization process end-to-end, from initial concept to execution, including but not limited to research, strategy, approvals, fact-checking, key wording, editing and final proofing.
- Deliver relevant and actionable analytic data to understand opportunities for increasing search relevance, keyword research, optimization, tagging, and performance metrics and effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain written guidelines to ensure highest quality levels.
- Establish auditing processes to ensure compliance with guidelines.
- We're proudly self-funded which allows us to focus on delivering amazing products to our community.
- We pay competitive salaries and have a very flexible vacation policy.
- We offer benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability.
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny). Take a look at some of our latest outings. https://instagram.com/teamformat/
- Some of our in-office perks include: flexible office hours, a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear, curating what music gets played over our office speakers, and drinking as much espresso as you need - our bean subscription is from Detour Coffee.