FCV Interactive is the user-focused transformation agency. In our tenth year, FCV is proud to have made the 2015 PROFIT 500 list for the third consecutive year. Every day we redesign organizations by creating digital services that people love. With over a decade of expertise working with public and private sector clients, we deliver experiences that make life better.
FCV’s Strategy & Transformation (S&T) practice helps clients to rethink organizations, services and products for the digital age. We currently have an opening for a Content Editor to join our team based in either our Vancouver or Toronto office on January 15, 2016.
As an experienced web copywriter/editor you’ll be an expert at:
- creating & overseeing content that communicates clearly and efficiently with specific audiences
- making complex language and processes easy to understand
- advocating web writing best practices at all times
- explaining the context and rationale behind your deliverables
- Working closely with our team of Content Strategists to rework the content of an entire site to ensure that it is accessible, engaging and has a consistent voice
- Originating new pieces, editing and rewriting existing content so that it’s simple, clear and on brand
- Developing a style guide and templates for teams to follow for current and future content
- Assisting with other writing projects as assigned or directed
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Advertising, English or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ of writing experience, with a portfolio that shows multiple examples of technical writing and/or long-form information pieces
- Extensive experience of writing for the web, with a track record of creating accessible, usable and findable content
- Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define and refine content
- Highly organized, with the ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Some experience of working with content management systems is desirable
- Previous experience of writing for government or public sector organizations would be a definite asset
Thank you for your interest in FCV Interactive. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to contact those applicants that are most qualified for each position. We look forward to hearing from you!
FCV Interactive does not accept unsolicited phone calls, resumes or emails from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, FCV Interactive will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
FCV Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.